[US-NC] [WTS] GMK Plum, Tofus, and more [W] PayPal - TheNamesTy45 exit sale

I have too much going on personally right now to be able to or want to deal with the logistics of selling the stuff I have listed right now. Hoping to open back up for the remaining items in quieter times. Sorry.

Old Info

As I alluded to in my last post, I have a lot of other stuff up for sale.

In short, I think I’m taking a step back from the hobby for now, and I’m ready to begin selling off what I’ve accumulated.

No sob story associated with this, just need to spend my mental and financial resources on some other areas in life - getting my fitness back on track and diving deeper into my career as well as financially setting up so my wife and I can have a child in the next year. After this sale concludes, I’ll still check in on this forum every once in a while, but I’ll be far less active. Not ruling out eventually returning as a more active member, but it’s just not that season of life right now.

• CONUS Only
  • PayPal Only
  • Buyer Pays Shipping
  • I’m doing my best to disclose everything, but if you have questions, please feel free to ask up front. I want to make sure you walk away happy too.

Now time for the good stuff.

GMK Plum - $80 + shipping

• Has shine on it, but in otherwise good condition.

Custom Black Tofu - $80 + shipping

As built:

• Custom fixed layout brass plate from Laserboost. Plate was then cerakoted to black. The custom plate and cerakoting alone cost me more than what I’m asking.
  • Stock cherry blacks
  • GMK stabs (clipped, lubed with 3204, band aid mod)
  • DZ60
  • Sorbothane inside for noise dampening.

Things to note:

• I think I overlube my stabs, but it’s intentional because I HATE rattle. Not sure how much everyone else uses, I just know what typically makes me happy.

KBDFans WKL Tofu - $70 + shipping

As built:

• Stock cherry blacks

Things to note:

• I think I overlube my stabs, but it’s intentional because I HATE rattle. Not sure how much everyone else uses, I just know what typically makes me happy.
  • Some scratches on the plate from keycap and switch pullers.

Cerakoted WhiteFox - $65 + shipping

As built:

• Custom Cerakote job to white
  • NovelKeys Creams with 72g Sprit springs swapped in.
  • True fox layout (split backspace)
  • GMK plate mount stabs (clipped, lubed with 3204, band aid mod)
  • Filled inside with sorbothane to reduce noise.
  • Aftermarket black screws that don’t strip when you look at them the wrong way. Uses a 1.3mm hex to screw it in.

Things to note:

• On the plate, there are some scratches on the cerakote from wire keycap pullers. Not sure why this happened, but they’re there.
  • The white finish can pick up some dark smudges.
  • I programmed this with QMK, so can only put into programming mode via the reset button

WhiteFox - $50 + shipping

As built:

• Stock Halo Trues
  • Aria Layout (normal backspace)
  • GMK plate mount stabs (clipped and lubed with 3204)
  • Filled inside with sorbothane to reduce noise.
  • Aftermarket black screws that don’t strip when you look at them the wrong way. Uses a 1.3mm hex to screw it in.

Things to note:

• The right side of the plate is slightly bent. This causes it to not sit flush with the case. This may be able to be bent back if you wanted to desolder and try to straighten it, but it wasn’t something I really wanted to do.
  • I programmed this with QMK, so can only put into programming mode via the reset button

Sold Items

Sirius WKL - $225 + Shipping - Sold

As built:

• WKL version
  • NovelKeys Creams with 72g Sprit springs swapped in.
  • POM plate
  • DZ60 PCB
  • Screw in GMK stabs (clipped, lubed with 3204, band aid mod)
  • Cut up Sorbothane to fill in empty space where the weight would have gone because I DO NOT have the weight.

Extras:

• Extra POM plate

Things to note:

• I had to shave the USB port with a razor blade to make it so that a USB C cable could actually reach the PCB. The cut wasn’t super clean as I had to repeatedly run a razor blade around the opening to widen it. This doesn’t affect the functionality of the board, but I do want you to be aware of this. Tried to get a picture for an idea.
  • On the plate I have currently installed, I had to cut off two pieces of plastic to allow split backspace. Did this with a razor blade. Again, doesn’t cause issues, but I do want to make sure I disclose this up front.

5 Degree Green - $40 + shipping - Sold

Things to note:

• Case only
  • Good condition.
  • I swapped a single board between this and a Tofu case a few times. More than I did with the purple.

Unbuilt WhiteFox Kit 2 - $45 + shipping - Sold

Includes:

• Never built. Got the box of parts and never did anything with them.
  • This comes with both the True Fox and Aria plate (split backspace and normal backspace)

Things to note:

• NO STABILIZERS INCLUDED. The stock ones you get with these kits are kinda horrible. Would recommend sourcing GMK plate mount stabs instead.
  • The split backspace plate has an ugly bump where the ESD screw hole went too far. And it’s scuffed. Shouldn’t cause issues, but worth noting.
  • NO ESD SCREW INCLUDED

GMK Nines - $120 + shipping - Sold

• Used these on one of my daily drivers.
  • Starting to develop some shine, but in otherwise good condition.
  • Opened the small package containing the 4 white keys as well to see what the white escape looked like on my board.

5 Degree Purple - $40 + shipping - Sold

Things to note:

• Case only
  • Good condition.
  • I swapped a single board between this and a Tofu case a few times.

GMK Muted (READ DESCRIPTION) - $150 + shipping - Sold

I’ve had this set for a few years, and it has frequently been on my daily drivers. As such, these caps have a lot of shine on them.

These caps were used on box switches at one point, and it did damage some of the caps. Caps that I observed with hairline cracks are below. I’ve only noticed cracks on these caps, but I am in no way saying that these are the only cracks, these are just the ones I noticed. Functionally all of the caps work and I was still using them on my daily driver at home. I have added some pictures to show examples of the cracks I’m talking about.

Cracked stems:

• tab
  • w
  • o
  • 2u backspace
  • s
  • d
  • scooped f
  • h
  • L
  • Left shift
  • z
  • x
  • b
  • 1.75u shift
  • both 1.5u alts
  • 6u spacebar

NightFox - $60 + shipping - Sold

As built:

• Holy Chickies (Halo True Stem in retooled blue housing)
  • True fox layout (split backspace)
  • GMK plate mount stabs (clipped, lubed with 3204, band aid mod)

Things to note:

• No sorbothane.
  • NO ESD SCREW INCLUDED.

Unbuilt WhiteFox Kit 1 - $40 + shipping - Sold

Includes:

• Never built. Got the box of parts and never did anything with them.
  • This comes with only the True Fox plate (split backspace)

Things to note:

• NO STABILIZERS INCLUDED. The stock ones you get with these kits are kinda horrible. Would recommend sourcing GMK plate mount stabs instead.
  • NO ESD SCREW INCLUDED

Custom Green Tofu - $100 + shipping - Sold

As built:

• Custom fixed layout brass plate from Laserboost. Plate is a little dirty now.
  • cherry blacks with 72g springs swapped in.
  • DZ60

Things to note:

KBDFans Tina-A (True HHKB layout) - $100 + shipping - Sold

As Built:

• Halo true stems in cherry silent red housings and springs.
  • Zeal stab housings with other stab wires.
  • kbdfans brass plate.
  • DZ60 (earlier white version with usb-c)

Things to note:

• This was one of my earlier builds and the switches were plate mount, so some switches are slightly crooked. It doesn’t impact functionality in my experience, but it’s something to note.
  • I have had the wire pop out of these stabilizers before, and I had to pop it back in.
  • Received the board this way, but it looks like the machining went a little bit wide on the bottom left corner of the left winkey spot (see second pic)

2 Likes

PM Whitefox with 2 plates

Bump for now. May be coming back this weekend with a good bit more to list.

1 Like

pm for the unbuilt whitefox pls

I’m interested in the unbuilt whitefox. I’ve never used Keebtalk before. Didn’t see an option to DM you

Click on the username and you will get the message option.

I don’t think it’s working. Maybe because I’m on mobile. Or because it’s a new account

1 Like

I think it’s because your user class is too low to send private messages, I’d just wait for Ty to get on and start the message chain.

1 Like

BIG BUMP with lots of new things listed.

I put this in the OP as well now, but including down here to make the updated thread title make more sense:

As I alluded to in my last post, I have a lot of other stuff up for sale.

In short, I think I’m taking a step back from the hobby for now, and I’m ready to begin selling off what I’ve accumulated.

No sob story associated with this, just need to spend my mental and financial resources on some other areas in life - getting my fitness back on track and diving deeper into my career as well as financially setting up so my wife and I can have a child in the next year. After this sale concludes, I’ll still check in on this forum every once in a while, but I’ll be far less active. Not ruling out eventually returning as a more active member, but it’s just not that season of life right now.

1 Like

Hey I’m interested in that purple 5 degree

PM’d

1 Like

Hey I’m gonna PM you about Nines bud.

Hi! I’m PMing you about nines.

Best wishes mate! I really hope everything works out for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s a good time of life - Just a lot of moving pieces.

1 Like

Still have some stuff left. Bumping up.

Dropped some prices a bit. Bumping back up.

Is your GMK Plum Keycap set still up for sale? WILL BUY!

Cerakoted whitefox still for sale? PM me please looking to purchase this week.

Just putting out a blanket statement here for now. I do still have the items that are listed as available, but I’m running really low on shipping supplies which means I don’t have boxes to ship some of this stuff in and I’m really not wanting to run out to pick them up given current circumstances.

So, if you PM me, I’ll see if I have something available to ship in, and I’ll setup a pickup date with the mail service. But if I don’t have the supplies to ship with right now, then I’ll have to wait to sell it.

Sorry, about being weird about this, but trying to be exceedingly careful in current circumstances.

2 Likes