[US-NJ] [WTB] SP-Stars

I have some SP-Star recolors coming in the mail. If someone wants to sell me a few different variants I would very much appreciate it.

Link to the recolors: https://a.aliexpress.com/_msvqKbd

1 Like

Been reading the post more and it turns out the recolors are glow in the dark. Might have read wrong though.

JKDK SP-Star Luminous Cyber Starry Night Switches For Customized Mechanical Keyboard Diy 5 Pins Clicky Switch 62g

These are the clicky variant right? I’ll keep an eye out for sure.

The green might be the clicky variant since the image shows the blue being linear. Here is the translated version

1 Like

Whew. Ok cool, I thought we lost you there. :nerd_face:

1 Like

this just confuses me. some kind of light absorbing material for the housings :thinking:

The housings are glow in the dark; glow in the dark plastics absorb light to create the potential energy they use to give off a glow.

EDIT: I mean technically anything that doesn’t reflect all light absorbs light, but glow in the dark plastics have special behavior relative to other plastics in this respect.

2 Likes

As far as I know both of these glow in the dark variants are linear (there’s so much confusing info in online listings, but the listing for these on their official Taobao store lists both as linears)

SP-Star does not, to date, have a clicky offering

2 Likes

1 Like

Since we know the green is linear i bought 10 of the blues :rofl:. Maybe blue = clicky kek

1 Like

I’d love to know! Would super love to see another manu offering a new clicky.

guess im just gonna have more pretty linears 🥲

1 Like

Any updates?

oh my bad! yeah they’re fairly smooth and usually just hold my extras up to a light and give them to my sister to play with. Kinda scratchy so I might need to lube but for now i only got 3203. Confirmed the blues are linears.

1 Like