[US-TX] [H] PayPal [W] Norbauer Novatouch Case

Hi everyone-- So, I finally got my hands on a Novatouch and now I’m trying to find a Norbauer case to pair it with. I missed the last round by only a few days. Gray and silver are my top choices, but I’m open to just about any neutral color. I just joined keebtalk, but you can find me on reddit under the same user name. Thanks!

Thanks for the responses so far! I’m building this board around Godspeed and/or Space Cadet so I’m still looking for a neutral color case—silver, gray, black or white (any round). Fingers crossed!

I’ll have some extras from Round Pi sometime in the next few months, I figure. They’ll mostly be textured powder coats though, but in several neutral colors like black and gray. FWIW. :slight_smile:

Kinda unrelated question, but are there any plans to make a case for a full size board in the future? I have the RF RGB and feel the stock case isn’t quite the best overall and could really benefit from something a little more substantial.

Thanks, Ryan! I’ll try to sit tight!

1 Like

100% cases are always a challenge. The cost of machined aluminum billet parts tends to scale non-linearly with the size of the part due to it needing to be run on a machine with a larger work envelope, so 100% cases just start to get really expensive, so I’ve tended to shy away from those designs—at least for now. I’m looking at getting my own CNC machine eventually, at which point I may be able to make smaller-run designs myself and worry less about quantities, but right now I’m restricted to the economics of working with outside machine shops, and I just think that 100% sized housings would get crazy expensive in a way that is out of proportion to the relatively minimal size increase. But people ask often, so it’s always on the back of my mind. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply, and yeah that makes sense as the majority of the community isn’t really into fullsize stuff save for a few weirdos like myself :stuck_out_tongue: Well when you do get that machine you can at least count my order in the books!

Kinda unrelated as well. But I’ll be waiting quite anxiously for the day you figure out the HHKB :smiley:. Your appearence on top clack just made the anxiety bigger :smiley: :smiley: Since it is a 60% should be easier right? haha, just kidding, but waiting.