V2 Rara Tactile Switches

Does anyone know how the RARA V2 switches might differ from the Shogoki also in GB?

They are both using ThicThocc springs. RARA is using 63.5 and Shogoki 65.

There may be materials differences between the two as well. But they ultimately seem to be very similar in concept.

As best I understand it, the Shogoki switch should be very similar but for housing material differences. The stem in both is one of JWK’s stem options, sometimes called a Rara stem because the V1 Rara was the first JWK-made switch to use it (over here, at least? Possibly the first, period)

So it’s mostly aesthetics/material preference

1 Like

Anyone get these yet?

Last update I saw was that these may ship in March. I guess some vendors dragged on paying designer :man_shrugging: And then when it was ready to start production, it was lunar new year…

1 Like

Ah thanks just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing them. I couldn’t find that info on their updates.

1 Like

Sorry to resurrect this thread … I have some nice and lubed RARA V2.

They are basically what we call today Durock Medium Tactile, right?

I like the stability of RARA V2, but I don’t like the included ThiccThocc DL springs. They are loud [and pingy, I think], and are very strong. Kinda defeats the concept of Ergo Clear, at least being a reasonable one.

So I intend to replace the ThiccThocc DL springs with 65 G 14mm Spirit springs. I already tested with some 65 G 14mm TX springs I had on-hand, and it seemed okay. So that will be my solution for the present. [It may reduce sturdiness to open the switches a second time, but they come with films, so that may compensate.]

1 Like

Not 100% sure, but I believe if not the same bump as Durock medium tactile it is very very close. BTW for anyone interested Divinikey has these switches half off on clearance right now.

2 Likes

There are comments on the old Drop gb where they compare the RARA to the T1. It isn’t quite the same bump. I think the medium tactiles came after, so maybe they adopted the same stem/bump shape?

3 Likes

Yes, there is some evidence that RARAs originated the “Durock Medium Tactile.”

Guess I could have waited for the Divinikey sale! But mine are already lubed, anyways.

Thanks for the interesting help! I will see if I can take a photo when the re-springing is complete. Although, they will look exactly the same!

3 Likes