Vortex PC Jr Tribute

So I used mine on and off for a week or two, mostly in USB mode. Then I set it aside. Pulled it out today and the batteries are dead. It hasn’t been on. The switch was in the middle position so it shouldn’t have drawn any power.

Love the thing, pleasantly surprised by the quality.
Highly doubt it will be my daily driver, rather nice retro-styled showpiece.

I’m just having trouble getting the GUI to work (trying to remap some keys), firmware updater also doesn’t work (it just says no device detected, but I’m typing this on the very keyboad, USB plugged).
Anyone else with these issues?

Yes, I really don’t get how to get the software working. Tried on Linux with Wine and Windows on my work laptop. Opens with a 68 as picture (got a 66) and that’s it.

Click on the picture of the keyboard in the software window and you’ll get the full application to load

Seems odd, but that’s how it loads

Ill try that tomorrow in the office, thanks.

@Vortex_Keyboard any way to get a FR4 plate for the PC model? Got a message from my vendor that its considered as “upgrade”, but I dont really agree with a PC plate over a FR4…

I have absolutely no idea what was going on there, but I booted my Windows partition, downloaded the GUI again and well. Looks completely different and even works. Now I can really get to enjoy the board.

Re-downloaded Vortex GUI and it works.
Still can’t update FW, though.

And a question for all of you - does anyone know which wrist rest would go with it?
Preferrably also retro-styled…

1 Like

hard to say. wrist rests werent really a thing in the 80s. In the 90s it would have been something from this ugly line

4 Likes