We need a Verified User mark On the Avatar

Wait, what? QT3 moved to discourse? Holy crap. I used to lurk that forum a lot. Never contributed much. When I joined a long time ago, Tom Chick required an e-mail and personally gated members. Lots of game devs used that forum and there was drama galore that eventually resulted in a mass exodus. LOL.

Thanks for the flashback. I should go check out the lay of the land.

Yes. And you what’s the beautiful thing about that? The hosting, servers and such are all contributed by Jeff Atwood, the developer of Discourse - just because he loves and actively participates in Qt3. And his team made the migration of all the threads from vBulletin to Discourse - he claimed its the single most biggest migration to Discourse ever due to 10-15 years of information.

1 Like

It truly is a small world. I should have known there would be some intersection here because of the subject matter. Scratch a mech board nut, and you’re likely to find a gamer. Of course, there is. Anyway, I’ve been playing video games since there were video games. QT3 is my kind of people.

1 Like

Come back. The gaming community there is still the same. Civil and full of thoughtful, um, discourse (heh)!

1 Like

Oh Lordy. I did, and my account was still good, even though I had to change my password to fit the Discourse requirements. I noticed my last post was from 2014 and I had unread threads dating back to 2003. Embarked on reading a current thread and spent several hours before noticing that I wasn’t even 1/4 of the way through. And it was one started January of this year. At least Discourse is awesome about keeping track of where I last left off.

That crew takes video gaming so freaking seriously, it’s like looking into an alt universe where every other form of expression is niche, unimportant, and immaterial to societal progress.

I suppose we fight about dumb stuff here too. But at least it’s not political. Unless somebody does an I:C for the official MAGA key set, which now that I mention it, is probably going to happen.