What are you creating today?

I didn’t realize laser cutters could do shading. These look great so far!

3 Likes

Yeah, you just vary the power and dwell time, you can get a lot of effects. We were rendering photos with the laser at my work, because, well it was important to test the capabilities see. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

We made a wall-mounted portrait of our CSR’s malamute in clear acrylic. Likewise for science, of course.

4 Likes

Makes sense.

If I had a laser cutter at home, my kids would triple our electric bill doing “science.” I would also be doing the science. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ok here’s V2 in laser cut…the shelves are much stiffer, but I changed the dimensions (and not for the better…I think I’m gonna cut some shorter shelves!).

But I do like the etching at the top!

building shots for the keen

My niece said it looked very professional :rofl::rofl: must’ve been the sparkly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No straight order for my screws!! :wink:

3 Likes

Nothing material, but a write-up reflecting on my collection as it has grown over the years;

4 Likes

A lovely read! Great to hear about the evolution of the collection and the corner :relaxed:

Can’t wait to hear more about the Geonworks trimmer - how does it work? Do you just shove the switch on the trimmer?

1 Like

Thanks!

Pretty much, yeah. I’ve gotten good results by doing that a few times, rotating the tool 90 degrees between each time - some switches need more than others - so far the old mean BOX switches need the most.

1 Like

Sounds great! I haven’t dared putting on the Moonlight switches (was that what they were called?) for fear of ruining the keycaps…this might help :star_struck:

1 Like

Finally put my pegboard up after weeks of aborted attempts…turns out there’s only a minimal gap between the plasterboard and the doublebrick wall, so 3 different types of screw and plugs and a hammer drill later…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Not keyboard related yet, but give me time :wink: so far mostly “stehrumchen” and “staubeinchen” which are rather hard to translate…stand arounders and dust collectors? Aka knickknacks :relieved:

4 Likes