What benefit do you want to get from vendor? I am a vendor

Wanna know what kind of benefit will attract you? Try to do that for my customers. Please don’t tell me free everything.

1 Like

Free /very low shipping worldwide :ok_hand:

6 Likes

A rewards system or subscription service that offers discounts, exclusives and the like.
In my opinion DROP’s Keyclub is a good example. Not saying it’s perfect but it’s a good example.

A subscription service that offers a bundle each month or every quarter might be a good way to go. Think low cost keycaps like blanks or artisans, lube and a switches pack of 70, as an example.

Free shipping over a certain amount spent. Something like “orders over $30 free shipping “

Hi, my friend. You are here. Actually, I like your idea.You stand with me and customer.

Pretty good. Thank you.

Let people know what’s going on when things are delayed, even if there is no update on your side, via email to everyone who purchased it and is waiting. Too many stores rely only on sporadic updates via discord or posts to a website.

I just had to do a chargeback on Kono because they wouldn’t tell me what’s going on with a GB order despite them supposedly getting it in some time in October according to their general GB updates page.

2 Likes

I think it’s great that you’re taking the effort to solicit input - thanks for that!

Some thoughts:

1. Fair pricing. Any business will need to be profitable, and as a vendor/merchant the most common way would be through arbitrage. That said, it’ll be good to keep prices fair without too much markup (see if you can collaborate with suppliers for a bulk purchase price)
  2. Community engagement & goodwill. This is not the easiest to balance, and enthusiasts tend to be overly emotional (both the positive and negative emotions) but if you’re able to have some open and honest communication with customers, I think it’ll serve you well in the long run building goodwill. Along the lines of what @TimeDoctor suggests. Another option would be adding a little thank-you card, bonus points if it’s handwritten. Goes a long way in building rapport
  3. Original products, not rebranding/reselling. If you intend to go into selling some of your own products, it’ll be most appreciated if you created something of your own. A recent example will be Hex keyboards launching their own Hex3c keyboard as they were starting out. Creating something of your own shows your interest and commitment to the community, and that’s what we folks on a forum are doing. Merely rebranding and reselling for a markup leaves a sour taste, and no amount of marketing fluff can save the scoffing when it’s discovered that the same product can be found for cheaper on Taobao
3 Likes
  • Fast shipping with tracking but also fast processing

• Good communication with reply in correct delays

• Good packing in order to avoid any damage during transport

Thanks, man.

Really thank you for your advice. I have to say, we offer the fast shipping with tracking, but people always say the shipping fee is expensive. And when I use another cheap shipping way, they will ask could you offer free shipping. :sleepy:

new boards and switches and good customer support

In fact, price is not important for me. I have no problem to pay 20 euros for fast and secure shipping when I order for more than 200 euros.

On other point is the possibility to have Invoice with VAT, it’s important when you are independent like me.

Decent shipping rates, possibly free in country shipping for orders over $100 or something like that. Good & quick to respond customer service is huge plus for me & many others. Further down the line a reward system for loyal customers would a nice too.

One other thing. I was checking your website & almost every product you have listed is labeled Chosfox X (insert real designer or manufacturer). I would stop doing that & reserve that labeling for products you actually work on. It’s not the end of the world, but makes the listings look like you had something to do with the design or manufacturing of those products when you did not. Which is not a good look IMO & left me leaving your website with a sour taste in my mouth about it TBH.

Anyways good luck with the shop going forward! :smiley:

2 Likes

Accept crypto.

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

I’d you’re going to run a group buy, do some marketing on your designer’s behalf. I’ve got a friend who designed a fairly extensive keyset and his vendor appears completely indifferent / awol.