What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I use a cheap 10$ soldering iron for my builds, something from aliexpress that has a variable temperature. I find it okay. For desoldering, the real deluxe is a desoldering station, I have a ZD 915 that I managed to snag for @80$

In my opinion, this is the most important tool if you are building boards, to correct mistakes without harming any pcb and desoldering whole boards in <10 minutes.

2 Likes

Not sure where else to put this so it’s going here.

Happiness is wondering if you’ve got enough stabs for upcoming builds then finding you’ve got enough stabs for upcoming builds.

14 Likes

jack-words_of_wisdom

7 Likes

I just happen to have 2 7Us and 6 2Us. I was afraid they were gonna be there til next April.

1 Like

BTW, if you guys haven’t seen Doctor Sleep, I recommend it. Very satisfying and worthy sequel. Doesn’t try and replicate or rip off but plays excellent homage.

3 Likes

Dude! This just made my Top-10 list. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

100% High quality! Guess I did a good buy. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Saw it this week and totally agree.

1 Like

DCS Red Alert

:heart_eyes:

14 Likes

Just added the second Barong (Mengwi) above the Terminal Jack

3 Likes

This is how group buy, colorway, and insufficient funds entered my lexicon. No regrets :metal:

2 Likes

this look awesome. what board is it?

It’s just the Ducky Varmilo Miya Pro.

Sweet

5 Likes

Stem harvest is a comin’! 100 x halo clears

6 Likes

Making hps?

1 Like

Indeed, of the mint variety.

1 Like

I retried filming NK Dry Yellows with more care this time, making sure all the legs are latches tightly.

The result was different from my initial filming test. Filmed switch now sounds better than unfilmed. Unfilmed, there was this annoying swishing noise that I noticed only during use. Filming removed that noise. I also retried 205g0, applying a thinner coat this time. I liked the result more this time. At par with 3204 but buttery.

I guess the lesson here is to be more careful when testing and more conservative when sharing the result of testing.

7 Likes

Love that for sure.

That’s interesting to hear. I got my batch in this week, I’ll have to carefully test them side by side with/without to see which I like better.

1 Like