What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I only have 4 in a board right now, so I’ll have to get them all in to see for sure. I’ll probaly stick them in my M60-A tomorrow.

Your post made me curious, so I tried a stem to stem press comparison. I worked through about 30 switches but they all pressed with equal force against each other. I do think they have a slight bit of resistance at the top of the press when unlubed. Did you lube them yet? I think it may help to remove that resistance from stem to housing friction and make them feel more even. Mine all seem to be equally weighted.

1 Like

No, I haven’t lubed mine yet so that might have something to do with it (thanks for checking your batch BTW!). Although I just tried doing the stem on stem thing with mine & only 3 switches in (using one consistently as a control) I came across one that pushed in way easier than the control. Doing around 20 switches I got 7 that push in easier than the switch I used as a control so my batch definitely got some funky springs. Oh well, glad to hear yours don’t suffer from the issue. Hopefully it’s not widespread cause I agree these are really nice switches. Also it don’t knock no points off from me as I planned on spring swapping to a lighter weight anyways.

4 Likes

Got another wishlist item for my collection.
Modern m0110!

Has a few known niks here and there, so I felt like I got a good price on it. And I don’t mind at all. She’s still a beauty. Can’t wait to build it out with something.

18 Likes

That’s a great one!!

1 Like

Managed to nab an Eniigma Keyboards Infinitum.

It sounds so different to the muted U80 and Mode Eighty. A nice deep thock! Using lubed V2 inks and zeal stabs.

13 Likes

Looks great! I’m almost finished building mine. Did you use the aluminum or pc plate?

New Keycap puller and switch puller!
Thanks @Dave!!!

18 Likes

Pretty decent mail day. Tengu & Fat Boy arrived.

18 Likes

Schrodinger case came in. Good thing I have a keycap set to match anything out there. Ha.

This board sounds quite nice.

14 Likes

Don’t have a photo, but I did receive something in the mail today: a Drop SHIFT.

It’s not my ideal layout, I have absolutely no idea what switches I’m going to put in it (probably some Holy Bobas?), it’s floating keys and I don’t like that, and it’s… you know, Drop quality…

BUT considering my entire motivation for buying one is figuring out whether or not the offset arrow cluster design on 1800-layout-family boards is something my brain can adjust to or not I figured it was worth grabbing something that was both reasonably inexpensive and hotswap (mostly because I don’t trust myself to solder with my new iron yet and because I want to be able to resell this without losing any of my switches and desoldering is even more terrifying right now). I also got some more of the Gateron plate-mount stabs to toss in this (after modding) and some of those KBDFans modular foam inserts, since I have yet to see a precut foam for the SHIFT (although I’ve poked MK Ultra about it) and the results of foaming the Drop CTRL I have were so good (within the limits defined by that board, at least).

9 Likes

This sounds like a fun project. Let us know how it turns out. (And I can relate to the solder and desolder fear. I’m building confidence every practice I do.)

3 Likes

A gift for my sister, to compliment her pink Akko - complete with smooshy toe-beans.

11 Likes

A package of samples of switches I haven’t tried before…

Here’s what the package is supposed to include:

‘Lilac Tactile’,
‘Crane Tactile’,
‘Greentech Brown’,
‘Mauve’,
‘NK_ Silk Yellow’,
‘Gateron Ink Black’,
‘NK_ Cream’,
‘C3 Kiwi’,
‘Outemu Ice Light Purple’,
‘NK_ Sherbet’,
‘SP-Star Nana’,
‘SP-Star Purple’,
‘SP-Star Gray’

9 Likes

Nice score! I really like your Schrodinger CW! :ok_hand: :smiley:

2 Likes

The key stickers arrived, and they are really, really bad. I guess they will do for now, just for learning.

4 Likes

Good luck! I tried learning Steno, but just didn’t have the time to fully get into it -_- Hopefully it works out well for you and you’ll be flying past us at 250+ WPM :smiley:

2 Likes

This is my third attempt in the last 5 years, so I know how you feel. It’s always an excuse for building something, though, so that part is fun.

1 Like

I got the full nylon lavender switches from cannonkeys in the mail today.

Pretty impressed. Fully lubed and filmed they sound very nice. Much less wobble than a gateron KS-8 and deeper sounding than typical JWK polycarbonate switches. Can’t quite get rid of all of swishy/scratchy sound of the legs on the contact leaf, but it’s very faint. I think I’m going to be using them soon in a build.

4 Likes

KAM Little Pilot.

Oh wow, these keycaps are incredibly shiny. Not sure if it came out that way in the pics, I’ll get a better shot out later.

The uniform KAM profile actually feels ok to type on, maybe a little too sharp/squared off on the edges of the keys.

I did notice some damage to the left shift (one edge is chipped) but I haven’t seen any other issues.

10 Likes

Gateron yellows. Curious about these, especially for their price. These are the ‘good’ kind supposedly.

And got some Gazzew silent stems to play with.

5 Likes