What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I think I like my DES Pink domes more than 45g topre. Probably going to be throwing 55g domes from my R2 into one eventually, after I tune this one and trade it for one in black :smiley:

3 Likes

My Corsair K100 was shipped with Christmas wrapping, that’s a first! I can finally say that Christmas came early for me lol. The switches are smooooooth, that’s for sure.

8 Likes

i only realized after that you were a regular and it was too late to take back the pity like

1 Like

Preonic in orange (not particularly nice colour but Drop had sold out of most) with Holy Panda switches. Also going to attempt getting a rotary encoder working on it — never done one before :scream:

6 Likes

31 Likes

no need to gatekeep, corsair boards are built like tanks (or at least the last one I had was) and that volume roller knob thing is unmatched by any of the janky rotary encoders you see around here

5 Likes

also, unlike their cheaper boards, this one comes with some decent switches if you go for the non-cherry option

5 Likes

And another dad!
Congrats!

6 Likes

I honestly think a lot of people still have the old-school negative perception when it comes to these “gaming keyboards”, but they’ve all upped their game in the last few years. 6 - 7 years ago is a different story however.

3 Likes

Not really today, received a bunch of items for soldering.
A new and nice T12 handle for my KSGER soldering station, and a stand that properly maintain the handle.
Liquid flux, brass wool, tip activator.
Also some Weller low temp lead free solder(217C melting temp) in both 0.3 and 1 mm variants.

9 Likes

My durock v2 screw in stabs for the gmmk pro arrived.

8 Likes

I recently moved my home office which is an improvement in most ways except lighting especially behind the monitors. A friend of mine has the Philips Hue Play setup which is cool looking but a bit more then I wanted to spend at spend $150. For a similar static effect I ended up going with some color Philips WiZ lightbulbs and it makes a huge difference and cost around around $34.

The light in the photo is a little off, I typically swap between Warm White and Daylight and vary brightness depending on what I am doing)

Before Lights

Behind Monitors

It is a bit hard to see but bulb is a standard size sitting on monitor stand, it is wrapped in some wire management material (basically large techflex) for safety but it doesn’t get too hot.

9 Likes

Got some Pewters today. Really like them.

11 Likes

Nice! I agree, I have been thoroughly enjoying the Pewters myself. They’re the perfect antidote for my “ubertactilty” hangover LOL! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Final piece needed for my mechboard 64

17 Likes

Got these in earlier this week and hadn’t quite had time to open them, but:

I’m me, so of course I had to take a lot of photos to compare these to the EVIL Miami switches, which I foolishly suspected would be almost entirely similar. I was wrong.

12 Likes

Wow that’s a lot of pictures

1 Like

I found too many differences! I truly didn’t expect every single component to be this different. Even the springs are different lengths

2 Likes

Got my Pewters as well @BWLR!

Threw them in a test-able board and are typing on them right now. What people say about them being overlubed appears to be pretty accurate. They definitely feel pretty sluggish stock. In the actual board, they feel sluggish, however outside of the board (just testing some random switches) it felt like maybe the leaves were smooshed some… Like how when you accidentally put a switch back together wrong :man_shrugging: @Rob27shred, I don’t know if this is a feeling that you would equate to being “overlubed”?

The lube job seems to be pretty all over the place in some of the keys that I am trying. I am excited to get these cleaned up. I think my only feedback to Parallel Limited at this point would be don’t factory lube, it is wildly inconsistent.

4 Likes

Actually mine weren’t sluggish at all even the over lubed ones. Although just like you said the factory lube job is all over the place. Some of mine were drenched & others were damn near dry. So it’s possible you got some particularly badly over lubed ones.I did notice a little leaf ping stock, but lubing the leaves & legs alleviated that completely. They really didn’t shine to me till I had them cleaned up & properly lubed.

1 Like