What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

When I was a kid we got spatulas for gifts on multiple Christmases. Thanks UHF…

All right then. March 28th is Spatula Day henceforth.

1 Like

Finally got the replacement layer for my Gray Studios lube station in today! It works perfectly now, no more switches popping out of it or not being able to close switches on the station. Then while not in the mail, but still something I got today. I got the supplies I needed to paint that Cherry G80-1000 case I have. I decided to go with a medium gray color (Smoke Grey is the color name) to try to emulate the look of OG NCR G80 cases. I also grabbed primer, a satin clear coat, scuff pads, & ultra fine sandpaper. I want this paint job to hold up so I’m doing all the proper steps for painting plastic on it. Can’t wait to see how it turns out, gonna have to wait till wed. to start on it though as I have to help my buddy finish up a job tomorrow.

6 Likes

Follow up to this… Got it all built! Super happy with how it came out and the friend loves it, but noticed a few things I could do better next time. Already made those changes and have a similar case for ut47 on the way.

12 Likes

This gives me a very spongebobby kinda theme. I like it.

2 Likes

nothing will beat cheeseboard

2 Likes

Gazzew U4Ts came yesterday… took until now to collect myself and come up with this to say: holy shit.

5 Likes

Roccat 122 AIMO with Roccat Titan switches. Got it £100 off retail and been enjoying typing on these for the 20 mins that I’ve owned it lol. The switches feel like Greetech Browns. The keycaps are absolute sh*t as you can see and the locklights is in a weird placement.

8 Likes

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted to try out their switches + it’s one for my collection. I’m also eyeing their optical switches too, but they probably won’t drop in price any time soon.

1 Like

I mean why not?

$60 on eBay!! :dizzy_face::scream::partying_face::star_struck:

The orange alps are actually in better condition than either of my AEKs. I think it’s juuuust yellow enough that it warrants some retro brighting.

22 Likes

Woooow that thing is looking pretty sweet. Great deal for such a clean example too!

2 Likes

Apple font is the best. :nerd_face:

5 Likes

3 Likes

Noice. Too bad I don’t have the patience and diligence needed to find bargains like these.

1 Like

Got my cap in ETF’s latest raffle today, I ended up getting a Golden Saffron Thousand Hands. Then I also got my 2 FR4 3/4 Alice plates in from Hiney for my Rukia when I get it!

7 Likes

My first artisan keycap from Jelly Key. This could spell danger for my wallet.

14 Likes

Myyyy goodness that’s awesome. I really have to try tactile alps. Have you tried both Orange and Salmon? Trying to see how they compare to topre for tactility - I much prefer topre to MX for tactiles but people keep telling me to try alps.

I’ve never actually tried salmon. Yeah, these are pretty great. I will say, BKE 55g are still my fav.

2 Likes