What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Epbt Grayscale Base & International kits

1 Like

Got me some Box Pinks today :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Upgraded from my 980ti to a 1080ti since Iā€™m planning on getting a high refresh rate 1440p monitor soon & got my first Orochi! Although the Orochi was kinda a bust as the stem on it is so tight it will not fit on to any switches. :cry:

Is this normal with Keyforge caps? I got it second hand so Iā€™m kinda stuck with it anyways. I canā€™t really get mad at the seller since there is technically nothing wrong with the cap. Kinda crappy if they knew about it & didnā€™t tell me, but it is what it is at this pointā€¦ :confounded:

6 Likes

I have this same cap and mine was also very difficult to get onto a switch at first. Too tight in my opinion. Once I put it on and off a few times it wasnā€™t so bad. Iā€™d recommend a switch or board thatā€™s not so important to you first.

2 Likes

Yeah, I had the same experience. Then I had issues with it sliding off of the yok pandas that I had. (they were the stock stem).

Ended up being the switch itself that was loose, somehow. Iā€™ve got it on some vintage blacks right now, and it is :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Cool, at least knowing this common with these caps makes me feel a bit better. Although I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll ever get any use out of this one. I canā€™t get it started even on switches with smaller stems like TTC or Greetech. Iā€™m 99% sure the stem will shatter if I force it, LOL. :worried: Kinda a shame as I got it to go with GMK Jamon & I think itā€™ll match that set nicely. I guess I could always shave the cruciform mount down on a switch to get it to fit if I really want to use it.

Some parts for a project Iā€™ve been working on

12 Likes

Got a SGI AT-101 in! Huge shout out to @clee for letting this bad boy go to me. :metal:

11 Likes

What a lovely board! I feel kinda bad that my case is just sitting on the side now since I only got that board to harvest those absolutely wonderful keycaps. Are you planning on doing a full rebuild of the board? Or just cleaning it and rolling with the dampened alps? Orā€¦ will you harvest those A+ keycaps? :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks! They are beautiful boards, but I grabbed it mostly for the keycaps. I want to do that WKL layout with a split backspace for my ADK64 build. Although I will be cleaning it up, keeping the damped whites in it, & tossing the keycaps from my Dell AT101W on it for now so it is still usable. Then hopefully I can find another SGI AT101 later down the line cause I would like to have one in itā€™s stock form just for my collection. This one though I canā€™t pass up putting these awesome caps on a custom ALPS build, LOL!

2 Likes

You could try heating it upā€¦ not sure what kind of plastic it is, but a heat gun or just placing the switch stem-down on a 3D printer heating bed set to, I dunno, 60C-70C? You want to get it hot enough that itā€™s malleable, but not so hot that it starts melting.

Maybe not a great idea depending on how much the switch costā€¦

Those keycaps are straight up :fire:, arenā€™t they? I was amazed at the condition they were inā€”that board felt like itā€™d never been used.

I almost forgot I even owned that board until I saw @Rob27shredā€™s thread about his Alps dilemma. I realized a while ago that I just donā€™t like any of the Alps switches Iā€™ve tried, at least not enough to deal with them; Iā€™ve had horrible luck desoldering and re-soldering those little jerks. Since he loves Alps so much, I figured Iā€™d ask if he wanted to take the SGI board off my hands, and now itā€™s his :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My Keyforge blind bag and tokkipee pastel blue blank came in the mail today. I also got tokkipeeā€™s pins as an add-on and have included one on my meetup bag :grinning:

7 Likes

KF Purge Bag. Very happy with my first KF artisan!

3 Likes

GMK screw in stabs

3 Likes

200x 78g Catweewee springs, and the gentleman even included some spare switch films! Really excited to put these in as Iā€™ve heard a lot of good things about them.

2 Likes

CMYK from GMK :smile:

6 Likes

Linjars :yum:

8 Likes

ALF X1.1

12 Likes

MicroMesh cushioned abrasive pads:

Theyā€™ll be used to even out wear on ABS sets like the Nautilus keyset in the picture.

7 Likes

Does this bring back the ā€œgritā€ texture on keys with shine?

1 Like