What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I saw the Gopolar stabilizer popup on aliexpress, have you had the time to test them out yet?

i was able to give them a very quick test with no lube and no other mods. they seem to be pretty stable with little wobble. but there’s a lot of rattle so i would need to test them again with mods to see if that can be fixed.

3 Likes

These are neat and look sort of like a cross between PCB and plate mount designs. I always thought those four pillars of sorts helped stabilize things during off-key presses – especially for switches with wobbly stems. I’m for sure going to need to give these a go. Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

“Possessed” definitely emphasizes the past tense on those nerves. Hope you enjoyed them.

2 Likes

Not keeb related, but I got a fun NMESH shirt based on the D.A.R.E. ones from the 90s.

4 Likes

Yes, they are very good when it comes to wobble. I just did a quick test of putting some grease on the stab wire and some lube in the housing and it completely removed the ticking and rattling. They should be really good with a better lube application.

2 Likes

picked up a used set of PBT Sugarplum to see how it would look on the piggy. I like the font on these caps a lot. 7u space bar not perfect, but not bad. no complaints at all on the NicePBT caps.

26 Likes

I have Sugarplum and Elderberry, and think both are good sets – especially for the money. The colors are really saturated and nice on the Elderberry set as well.

1 Like

More RotaryPad protos

7 Likes

Excited to try new things — Electronics :smiley:

9 Likes

DSS Easter from Novelkeys. Interesting to see that they use the same packaging system as @norbauer but with a black box. I guess SP owns the design?

Looks good on the purple piggy. The legends are much more readable in person than they look on the NK product page. Speaking of, I just realized that I got these for $25 off b/c they were on sale. Didn’t even notice. Ha! Accidental savings.

19 Likes

Bought this set for a friend’s build and I was really happy with it. Nice color match with the Piggy!

1 Like

Those keycaps are TIGHT, looks like a keycap puller barley goes between them.

Looks great.

2 Likes

That’s true. Seems to be the case of all my DSS caps as well. I think SP did a great job figuring out PBT shrinking in these new molds

1 Like

All DSS caps are ABS iirc. Set looks killer on the piggy.

Yep, you are right. I don’t know what I was smoking. I do know that the DSS and SA-P molds are the most modern of SP’s lineup, so I think they took extra care to get the process right for these new sets.

I think I’m ready for the Command 65 to arrive.

The yellow highlighted keys can be swapped with brown versions that are also included in this set.

13 Likes

Looks killer on the Piggy. DSS is becoming one of my favorite profiles for feel and aesthetic appeal.

DSS And DSA both are interesting in the fact that they do not seem to alter the sound of switches at all. I guess it’s a result of thinner plastic. So, what you get is the switch sound in its purest form. This is the opposite effect of putting thick heavy keycaps on a switch to mute or dampen the sound. I feel like it is an acquired taste, and I don’t like it for every board. However, I do like to change things up every now and then. I especially like these SP caps on lighter Tactile switches.

1 Like

NGL looks better than OG SA Chocolatier >.>