What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

That actually sounds very appealing.

Now I will have to order them! Could you tell me where you got them?

What do you mean by that? I do like your c64-ortho thing u made for example.

Are you planning to wait for brass or will you go with the other plate?

1 Like

I guess I’m going to swap to the new plate when/if he ever sends an email asking. I think the leaf-spring-ish type cuts in the plate mounts look interesting.

1 Like

Aula (sister brand of leobog) are selling them on their store now. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004183385996.html? They also have most of their other switches listed there.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing!!

2 Likes

XMI/21kb Black Cadet came in the mail today. Love the thickness of the keycaps!

13 Likes

I’ve ordered from Divinikey twice in the last month and I got that Track day sticker both times. It’s one of the coolest stickers I’ve ever received.

3 Likes

More stickers for the collection;

• Hipster Poseidon for original* Aqua Kings

• A more traditional Poseidon for revised Aqua Kings

• A big chunk of obsidian for Obsidian Pros

*original as in V3 R1; V3s are the ones that got all the hype as the first widely available all-clear switch. They were super inconsistent, so they made a revision (R2) of V3s, which I believe is still the current one you’d get when buying Aqua Kings. These are also pretty inconsistent, but not as bad as R1.

10 Likes

You’ve been very helpful, and your post about the switches was very good.

Would you say that the Matchas are something you can perform a ‘limited’ lubing on, and it will be alright? If so, where would you recommend minimal lube to reduce ping / noise?

GMK Noire, Nolives.

11 Likes

Forgot to check the box;

More stickers and some SP Star Meteor Whites;

• Crystal ball for Zeal Crystals

• Pearl for Zeal Pearlios

• Green spade for Aces

• Orangey crystal for Epsilons :man_shrugging:

• Another goofy Poseidon I might use for Aqua Kings

• Ice cube for TTC Frozen Silents

• US Navy F-14 Tomcat for Speed Navies

• Techno Violet Bimmer for Techno Violets

Edit: not sure why, but those SP’s smelled funky coming out of that bag. Must have had a good seal.

Edit edit: whooo, Nolives too

Yep, that’s the right sticker for Aqua Kings.

10 Likes

oh yeah, i have tried one where i have donut dipped the spring and the pinging went away. I have also lubed the rails on one but that didn’t do much to the overall feel, they were already pretty smooth, but the sound changed a little.

2 Likes

Got hubris from p3d today. This is my first 40% and I am still struggling with the layout.

11 Likes

Noire is a great set. I have my base kit already. My novelties, from a different vendor, are currently bouncing around from post office to post office trying to get to me.

nice build! Hubris is a great starter 40%, rain did a great job designing it. I would reccomend using an r2 keycap instead of r1 on your escape, it makes it easier for me to hit. but good luck with your first 40!

3 Likes

Not sure if it relates to your troubles, but if your PCB supports a split space bar layout that could be worth a try. My experience is with an ortho 40% (planck-like) so it might not apply to your use case, but I found that having 2, 3, or even 4 keys easily accessible with my thumbs (for layer changes or shift on hold, and having space and either backspace or enter on tap) has been very helpful for transitioning to and using a sub-50-key layout.

2 Likes

The band is slowly growing :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Well, lawdy help me, I actually bought it:

14 Likes

Finally put the Anubis switches that @Deadeye did for me to use. I bought an ASUS ROG Z13 and will be using this LK67 as its keyboard w/ a Logi MX Anywhere 3.

7 Likes