What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

The Rev1 of Leyden Jar PCBs just came in!

11 Likes

Switch Oddities! Some more good ones in there…

…and an A3 frame for this poster signed by one of my favorite future funkers, Strawberry Station. It’s been at least 15 years since I’ve had an anime girl on my wall, but I’ll make an exception for the 'funk. (There’s a signed TWRP poster just above it; think goofy Canadian Daft Punk and you’ll be in the ballpark.)

Free-associative tangent: I now want to commission an image each of Strawberry Shortcake and Rainbow Bright in the style of Attack on Titan.

9 Likes

This would be epically funny! Do it please!

2 Likes

Packs of 57.

2 Likes

10 extra switches for a keeb ain’t too bad :thinking::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Got myself the Oni HHKB-style kit today. came with gateron yellows and some stabilizers, i assume everglide v2/durock v1. I took it apart to lube the springs and relube the stabs and i have to say… it’s really nice actually. my first board with integrated plate top-mount and my first HHKB style keyboard. split backspace and the moved left ctrl are going to need some time to get used to. but it’s really nice so far. Also put some Aifei Apollo on it until my PBTfans Purpolch come in.

10 Likes

A few more artisans for my work board.

15 Likes

The cable is beautiful

Yeah! It’s a Cabemod Pro. They had a lot of gold options in the configurator so I just picked as many as I could lol. Super happy with how it came out. The black sleeving makes it shimmer in the light on my desk.

I wouldn’t fret too much about it. The Raeds and Blaecks are not that great, honestly. Too much wobble for me. They are supposedly factory lubed, but they are quite clacky and need some 205g0 for sure. Definitely nothing impressive about them. I would expect Naevy to be about the same. They just don’t feel premium.

2 Likes

Just arrived; 1990 German ISO IBM Industrial Model M Keyboard (P/N 1394958)!

27 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

you are just hurting me. I bought 200 pieces. :sob:

I haven’t lubed them with 205g0 yet. It will definitely help. My guess is that they will sound pretty good with thick lube. But with what’s on the market today, there are certainly better options for a similar price.

1 Like

Ordered a Planck case and got a Minivan case instead. The universe really wants me to never go ortho :rofl:

7 Likes

write options. :pencil2: :ledger: :page_facing_up: :white_check_mark:

For which, linear (raed/blaeck) or tactile (naevy)?

all
everyone please. for future tests.

2012 pro2. Of half a mind to let it bake outside for a lil more yellowing. Domes on its way to aging quite well.

9 Likes

There are a couple of threads on here:

these are my vote. I would add a few now that time has passed. I would add Epomaker Iceberg Silent Silver (or spring weight of your choice) to best silent switches. Also the Kailh Santa Switches are interesting once you turn the spring upside down. Also Gateron oil king and the Keybling switches from Kono feel more premium to me than the Raeds or Blaeks when it comes to pre-lubed linears.

1 Like