What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Dolch PAC Case!

12 Likes

The Dolch PAC was ahead of its time. Where’d you get yours?

MechMarket!

Some funny stickers for my laptop :smile:

14 Likes

ok woow, where i can buy this sticker?

2 Likes

Some great stickers right there

1 Like

Here, Lick 'n stick | mykeyboard.eu :grin:

1 Like

Add me to the list of people that got their Jamon in.

9 Likes

Got my YMDK96 in today from Aliexpress. It was packaged in the same way that KBDFans packages things – in a box with about an inch of bubble wrap taped around it. It was perfectly safe. Hard to believe anyone thought that just sending it in the box would be sufficient. I got the hot-swap version, which seems pretty cool. My switches aren’t coming until tomorrow, so I’ll probably post a photo at that point.

2 Likes

Managed to find a Snowfyre Fugu for sale at a decent price on r/mm, unfortunately someone at USPS handled it like a neanderthal… :angry: Looks like it got dropped on a cement floor & stepped on :dizzy_face:, gonna have to make a claim for the $50 insurance that comes with first class mail. Hope they don’t give me a hard time cause I paid more than that for the damn thing. I’m starting to think my Jamon set just doesn’t want an artisan to match with it TBH. I bought a Mangler Orochi for it before the set shipped thinking the reds would be close enough & they weren’t. Now I bought this cap which does match nicely, but it gets mangled during shipping!? Makes you wonder… :thinking:

On a better note I also got an acrylic lube station made by @qlavier in from 1up! Can’t wait to put this through its paces, no more loose parts while lubing switches! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Here is the YMDK96 I mentioned above. It is a hot-swap PCB, but aside from that I put everything together myself, which I guess is the closest I’ve come to actually building a full board “from scratch” (installing and lubing stabilizers, etc.). I put Gateron Yellows on it because I had never used them before. I’m not entirely sure I could tell them apart from Blacks, but they aren’t bad at all. The switches do come apart with surprising ease, though.

I think Kobayashi looks quite good on this board, but I wish the standard modifier kit included mod-colored directional keys (they are only in the 40% kit). Here are a few more shots. I might eventually put this set on an 1800-style board, but for now I’m pretty happy with it.

6 Likes

Poor Fugu! Sorry man, that sucks…

3 Likes

That turned out so nicely! Glad the board arrived safe and sound. I also have Gat yellows in mine and I’m happy with them. They’re a nice weight and not too noisy.

tnks mate

1 Like

Poor Fugu :sob:

2 Likes

Press F for fugu :frowning:

2 Likes

F (ugu)

3 Likes

Futura Case in Leviathan Blue from @keyboardbelle

also featuring an uncooperative Steve butt.

7 Likes

I just got two B-stock @keyboardbelle cases in as well

5 Likes

Ham

11 Likes