What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

You can’t really tell. But that doesn’t matter. Just use good old 60/40 or 63/37 lead tin solder.

1 Like

I’ve been working on something for a while now, hopefully I’ll have it done before the Cleveland meetup.

2 Likes

Got lots of stabby stabs and Silent Inks.

The Inks might be my new favourite switch and I haven’t even lubed them yet!

7 Likes

I’ve just gotten into linears recently, but I’m a huge fan of the silent inks. I’ve been using them in my office for a few weeks and they’re great.

1 Like

I really gotta give Inks a try a soon, think I may have to bump them above Creams even since all I hear is good about both regular & silent Inks. Not that I have heard of any big issues with the newest Creams, but they still seem to have some quirks.

I definitely like them more than the creams, although I have the silent inks in a keyboard I like much more than the one I have the creams in so that might add some bias.

I just put together a planck with some sakurios, I’ll be curious to see how those compare.

1 Like

How’s the silencing on the Inks? Are they close to Cherry silents? If so, i’m on it…

Yep I’d say they’re equally quiet. The ink spring stock might even be a bit quieter.

Inks are good

Creams x 70

6 Likes

4 Likes

Black on Black No Brand keyset from KBDfans. Not as good as EnjoyPBT but surprisingly good for a No Brand. Feels good, sounds good, looks bad ass.

This is actually my first Hangul sub-legend keyset because I frankly don’t need one to type Hangul despite having learned it late in my 30s. It’s that easy to learn and use.

6 Likes

15 Likes

Not all in the mail, but this was my booty today:

• TADA68 replacement PCB from KBDFans
  • 80x Outemu no-slot tops and silent tactile stems
  • EPBT 9009 R4 from KBDFans

For me, not a bad haul.

1 Like

Massdrop Holy Pandas, finally! From what I can tell they came through for the most part, these even got decent springs in them! I don’t have any OG HPs to compare them too on hand, but they feel just as good if not better than the many variants I have on hand. The closest they feel to from what I have is the Holy YOK Pandas (Red & Trash). All three (YOKs & MD HPs) feel very close to what I remember OG HPs feeling like so I am satisfied with the switches. Although I will leave the true comparisons to those who have OG HPs on hand to compare these to, as I have heard a few people saying there are minor differences.

Here’s some comprehensive pics for those that are curious about these switches.

13 Likes

Is this a random color canoe? I have been kicking myself for skipping out on those or the yellow one.

Yeah, that’s what I got with the random. I was between that and the yellow, and I kind of regret not getting the yellow, but this one is pretty cool. I’ve got some holy pandas to put it together with.

Looks like a vaporwave board to me. Very cool actually.

Same, I was only going to go in for the GMK vaporwave novelties because they’re great and I l’m a big fan of some vaporwave but this is making me reconsider… It’s too bad you won’t be able to see too much of the plate once it’s put together.

On a side note I have some mint pandas I put halo stems in that I was going to put into this board, but the fit in the plate is incredibly tight. I’ve never done a build with pandas before, does anyone know if they are typically tight or if it’s the plate? I’m trying to figure out what I should file to make it fit.

1 Like

It’s the switches, the red & trash pandas I got all are very tight fitting in any plate I’ve tried them in.

1 Like