What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Punchy pink. I might have to join the Bliss GB now…

@keyboardbelle wonder which nouvelle case these would go best with? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Very nice! Yeah all Pexon’s cables are top notch! I really need to grab a MDPC-X cable with a LEMO connector & extra ends, I’d agree they are the best out right now. I’d also like to grab some sleeved PSU cables from them too, so I can get rid of the sleeved extensions I am using now. They really make cable management a pain in my PC case & I’ll be upgrading to a Ryzen 9 3900X & a higher end X570 mobo soon. So it would be nice to eliminate that headache if I can, LOL!

hey could you send me the link of that case?

https://shop.norbauer.com/products/the-norbaforce-cnc-aluminum-housing-for-realforce-keyboards
I think there will be another round in the near future, @norbauer makes them

2 Likes

I got MT3 Godspeed Aries kit today. My plus key is R0 profile instead of R1. Rip

4 Likes

Oof. It seems like there’ve been quite a few issues with the MT3 kits. My original dev/tty set had the tab key printed upside down. Massdrop was really good about it and sent me a replacement for the whole mods kit.

1 Like

That one off key would drive me crazy. I hope MD makes it right.

1 Like

It makes sense. It’s “+” so they “added” height! hahahaha… ha…

I’ll show my way out now…

2 Likes

We shall see. They told me they have put in a “request” for a replacement key with the manufacturer which could take several weeks. Oh well. Still looks and types like a dream.

1 Like

The MT3 profile is so, so good. It wrecked SA for me. I would have gone in on Godspeed, but couldn’t justify getting another set. My rational mind applauds my decision, my irrational mind is going :rage:.

3 Likes

Did you need an adjustment period for mt3? I really wanted to like it and love the look but I just couldn’t get into it like at all, even after like a month of daily use at work. I think it’s because I’m not the most accurate typist, it just feels bad to me if I don’t hit it right in the middle. For what it’s worth I like gmk more than anything else.

If this question is directed to me, then no, I did not require any adjustment period.

I’m old, and so learned to touch-type on manual typewriters. Here’s the thing, if you mis-hit on a manual, you’re going to be in for a bad time.

This simple fact of muscle memory makes a lot of my personal preferences far more understandable. I love high pro caps, highly tactile, heavy switches, and boat anchor cases. I don’t care so much about looks as I do feel.

There are many younger people in this hobby who really dig MT3 too, so who really knows? It may or may not have anything to do with posture or technique. I say this because, sure as shootin’, someone will chime in with their MT3 120 wpm three-fingers-and-an-elbow hunt-and-peck record as proven on YouTube.

I used to go to meetups so I could avoid expensive mistakes. Now I go because I like hanging out with my fellow nerds. But, I’ve noticed, there’s no accounting for taste, you guys and gals are all over the map.

3 Likes

Hey, for some reason the responses don’t always seem to show as such when sent from my phone, that was indeed directed at you.

That what you learned on makes a big difference in your preferences is something that definitely makes sense to me, there are pics of me as a small child sitting on something that looks like a model m, but my first memories of typing are on one of these:

And it turns out I tend to prefer a buttery smooth linear switch with cherry profile caps. I really wanted to like the MT3 caps, but at the end of the day they didn’t provide me with a nice typing experience, and when it comes down to it that’s what I want.

As far as meetups go I like to go to see what it is other people like, I’ve discovered I like things I hadn’t thought of, and typed on boards that made me go “how the hell could someone like this” and the inevitably the guy is like “I use this as my daily driver." In the end it really does come down to taste and personal preference.

4 Likes

As far as mail goes I got in GMK paperwork and a BM43A from Massdrop. I’ve been trying to decide if I should contact Massdrop, I’m not sure what color that case is supposed to be, but it sure as shit ain’t rose gold. It looks more magenta in person, and I really quite like it though.

Edit: oops forgot the pic

6 Likes

Boy those things really were sturdy, weren’t they? LOL

Oh yeah. They’re like the AK47 of keyboards, you could bury one in the desert for 25 years and dig it up and it would probably still work. I gotta see if my dad can find those pictures lmao

1 Like

I am really digging the color of those alphas

1 Like

Well, I’m old as well and I too learned to type on a typewriter but it took me no more than 5 seconds to dislike MT3. It’s that uncomfortable to type on. In comparison, I liked Topre Hi-Pro and NovelPro prototype instantly. As to getting used to it, why bother when there are better profiles?

There is no risk to trying Cherry profile keycap. Most people like it and find it comfortable. SA is more controversial but at least it’s bearable. MT3 is more of a crapshoot IMO.

A Filco bought from a member of a forum. Happy with it, can’t wait to have a metal case for it. Here i put an old Cherry set in POM with RGB modifiers :smile:

5 Likes

7 Likes