What did you get in the mail today? (Part 2)

Had a super nice resin haul this week!

9 Likes

I also bought them to replace the springs when they were discussing the possibility of buying “Geon” springs)
I bought the previous MX2As in November last year, on Taobao, as soon as they appeared there.
Therefore, there is a difference between those old ones and these new ones. It feels like the mold press form is deteriorating. The new ones have a little more wobble. There is no difference in pressure or sound between them. But maybe in the future in the summer or fall they will become even worse.

GATERON DUAL-RAIL LUNAR PROBE LINEAR SWITCH

And I bought 20 more of these too. To previously purchased ones.

Previously in the previous episode.

And the pangu stabilizers, finally they were able to escape from the hell of the delivery service))

Kailh Sword GM X

I liked them so much that I bought 5 more pieces in reserve.

Gateron UHMknown Linear Switches

Summary

A friend gave me 1 piece for my collection.
Previously I did not consider this model worthwhile.
But this one thing as a gift made me change my mind.
I bought a pack of 70 pieces. To feel better)

Emogogo X switch

SPEC

• POM housings
  • POM stem
  • Linear switch
  • Trigger strength 40g
  • Bottom strength 45g
  • Total travel 3.6mm
  • about 18mm 2-stage spring
  • Factory lubed
Summary

6 Likes

Got my HMX EVA & Duhuk Lumia Matcha V4 switches in from Unikeys today! Just got to test them out in hand but both seem as advertised. The Matchas are some super smooth switches, also my batch doesn’t have terrible stem wobble. It isn’t the best & I’d probably rank it below average comparing it to some of the super tight switches we have nowadays, but I have seen much worse from much bigger manufacturers. The EVAs feel wise are you average reduced travel long pole HMX switch, but the materials used definitely give it a deeper sound. Even deeper than V2 Canglans when compared side by side! Not sure what I’ll use them for yet, but now that I have the Matchas in hand I think I’m gonna build up my solder PCB/half plate setup for my XOX70 with these! @pixelpusher I’ll let you know what I think of them once I get that built in a little bit here

7 Likes

You know, it makes you think. That the product that the Chinese made in China is bad, but the same product but if they sell it in the USA, it is good. :sweat_smile:

Since the reviews that I read on Chinese social networks about Matcha V4 Pro, they criticize the wobbly stem. And they want to either return them or sell them.
Of course I bought it as a collection.
But I had such more hope. I was so hoping that this switch would be so good, so good. And he is a disappointment in 2023.((

3 Likes

It does kinda make you wonder for sure. Although they may have made some changes after hearing the negative feedback from the eastern sales. Again the stem is fairly wobbly even on mine, I would consider it below average for sure, just not so bad I wouldn’t consider using the switches. Gonna build my solder setup for my XOX70 with them here in a few mins. I’ll report back on how the wobble seems once I got them in a board.

A cheap pizza toaster! Why am I telling you this? Because it’s not for food, of course.

I intend to use this for finish curing. It has the right temperature range, and is inexpensive enough that if things don’t work out it’s no big deal. My first experiment will be with some spray enamel that cures at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for two hours.

I have a pink anodized case I’ll be refinishing with white engine enamel - could be a disaster, could save me fifty bucks vs powder coating. Either way, I’ll show you what happens. :smile:

Edit:

Yay, it works.

To be clear - I’m testing this in my kitchen, but will be curing the enamel outside.

17 Likes

11 Likes

Appropriate sticker

6 Likes

A bunch of unrelated stuff this week:

A ton of KiiBOOM switches, some Cerakey samples, ErgoDox “Hot Dox” from Apos/Alpaca/Eclipse, and the Fountain colorway of MelGeek’s Modern97 (review).

(Accidentally, each of these shops offer you discounts with the KBDNEWS coupon code – along with other 143 stores…)

8 Likes

The Taro Cream Milk is a such a good switch. A top-tier tactile imo. If you’ve got those, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

3 Likes

Caerdroia arrived today

I love it! The two tone gray is really nice. The top is a dark, cool gray where the bottom is a warmer tone. The two, in contrast, feel both sleek and industrial. The appearance seems like a nod to a premium mixture of materials like steel and titanium.

I got an Alps kit as well, even though I’m planning to use a hotswap MX build first.

Unfortunately the steel plate had a mishap before I got it

Not a big deal with aluminum. A pain in the ass with steel. I got it back enough that a switch can go in it, but it’s not without battle scars.

15 Likes

I guess I should post something to let everyone know I’m still alive and still in the hobby, LOL!!

This wasn’t all in the mail just today, but more like this past week… There has been so much more as well, so you will likely see future posts with keycaps and stuff not posted here. :eyes:

Tried to slow down a bit this year and focusing more on building out the themes to my boards as well as looking for ways to customize them to make them uniquely mine, whether it’s through custom finishes, or special touches that sometimes only I would see. For now, I am just building up themes on some of my newer boards and then will work to finish them with something special.

This is my Rubber hose/Rubrehose-themed Neo65 that now has a FR4 half-plate (brought to you by Dremel™ :wink:) and is packed with Rubrehose x Tecsee Browns. The browns are just Zaku/Geon Black re-colors, so of course I knew I’d already like them. :relieved:

It’s wearing DMK Rubber keycaps with the triple-shot alphas, which look and sound fantastic on this setup. I have always loved Domikey, and this set has only made that love deeper :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I also have the brass Rubrehose 1U and Enter Metal Artisans to tie the build together a bit more as this board is rockin’ the brass weight in the rear as well. :sunglasses:

Also, gotta toss an actual Rubrehose artisan on there as well… :muscle: :sunglasses:

Rubrehose BBC (Big Bad Coyote) “Appa”

…and speaking of artisans, this week’s haul was pretty robust!!

Alpha Keycaps “Infected Lickely”

Alpha Keycaps “Lovecraft Devoura”

Zuno Studios Succubus “Mictlān”

Jellykey Dragon Sigil 2.25U in “Scarlet Wisdom”

Jellykey Dragon Sigil 1U in “Scarlet Wisdom”

9 Likes

75a75 Kit, complete with PCB and all foams and daughterboard and such for 25usd because of clearance price. Couldn’t say no to that.
Threw in some KTT retro red with a Feker Lime as spacebar switch and PBTFans purpolch.

10 Likes

HMX CLOUD LINEAR SWITCH

Switch Type: Linear
Manufacturer: HMX
Stem material: LY
Top Housing: PA12
Bottom Housing: PA2.0
Operating Force: 42±5g/56±5g
Bottom-out Force: 50±5g/63.5g±5g
Spring: 22mm single-stage spring
Pre-travel: 2.0mm
Total Travel: 3.9±0.3mm

Summary

Previously in the previous episode…

I ordered and received for the custom PSB board its original foam and a new polycarbonate plate with cutouts for stabilizers on the PSB board.

Summary

6 Likes

Nice, HMX Clouds are fire switches! That’s what I ended up building my Aaru TKL with & they hit perfectly in it since it’s a more open sounding case. Let us know what you think of them after you get a chance to use them!

4 Likes

Got a switch tester so I can decide on switches before I order a barebones keyboard (probably Monsgeek M3)

4 Likes

This might be considered sacrilegious in this forum but apart from the ‘clicky’ keys, I can’t tell much difference between them :blush:
More testing and more coffee I think.

1 Like

Lots of Keyboardbelle

13 Likes

I like the HMX Swifts better. Especially on stabilizers.
For a long time I couldn’t find switches for Wuque keycaps.
This is where the HMX wind came in just right as a combination.
Keycaps from Wuque seem to be made of PBT, but their sound profile is very high and bright, they are louder than GMK or other abs.
Therefore, HMX swifts also sound good with GMK.
But I don’t like other PBT keycaps as much as they sound.

2 Likes

Still waiting for my DMK Rubber… from Mechs & Co…

3 Likes