What did you get in the mail today? (Part 2)

I got my 60% wooden case from Null Design today. I chose for a mixture of Maple and Aluminum.

I really like how she put in threaded inserts in the case to allow the user to install standoffs where they want. Most of my tray mounts feel so good in this board by removing the middle and space bar standoffs. Really brings a tray mount up to modern standards in terms of typing feel and sound!

I haven’t soldered a 60% build in ages. I think it may be time for this one

11 Likes

That is very nice. I like the metal features on the side and the usb hole.

You have the fnctl bakeneko as well as some other wood boards, right? Would your preference be GH60 support (left usb) or daughter board?

2 Likes

Yes I own the oring mounted board. I really prefer the simple gh60 concept. Of course the case won’t always allow it.

2 Likes

Well chosen. Read somewhere maple has better sound clarity than cherry or walnut.

1 Like

If anyone is interested, I posted the review of the ErgoDox I recently received from Alpaca/Apos, however, I’m already testing my latest acquisitions: a freshly cleaned Acer ergo from 1997, rescued from a pigsty, literally, and the most unlikely “keyboard” I’ve ever witnessed: the TapXR thing.

Acer (after):

Acer (before):

And the TapXR, this bracelet for chorded typing:

Right now I’m rocking at 6 WPM…

7 Likes

Had a pretty good mail day today! Got my extra solder PCB & POM plate for my XOX70 in from NK. 2 packs of Geon’s Pure linear sliders (full travel, made with POM+PTFE), a 4 pronged stem holder, & another set of JTK trays in from Divinikey. Then I also got 2 pretty cool boards here right now. The Leading Edge DC-2214 is now mine as I did a trade with @winteralfs for my Zenith ZKB-2 + a repair. Speaking of the repair, the Gold badge ZKB-2 is his & needs a few repairs which I can take care of for him (2 dead switches). They are both sweet boards though, the Leading Edge has some pine whites in pretty good condition in it & some really nice double shot ALPS caps! Then his ZKB-2 has some damn good greens in it (reinforcing my theory Zenith boards have the best SKCL Greens for whatever reason) & some super cool spherical alphas/numpad numbers. Gotta ask him where those came from!

6 Likes

Im glad they arrived safely! Awesome. Before you send your Zenith 150 to me, I might have a couple other ideas to run by you.

• Chris
1 Like

Sounds good, just send me a DM!

Switch mailday today, CIY Asura, Flaming Skull Burning Ice and 110pcs gacha from Kbdiy

It was 45 unique switches in the gacha, mostly kailh

5 Likes

KEYBOARD COVER CLOTH

Summary

TOFU60 2.0

ANSI Polycarbonate plate

Summary

KTT Vanilla Ice Cream Linear Switches

Summary

5 Likes

4 Likes

Купил себе второй) Очень хороший и мне понравился.

Deskmat - PBTfans Klein Blue R2

Summary

MMD 4.0mm总行程 NP轴3

The origin of the NP axis. An overseas MMD agent friend told me to make a Nipple Linear switch, which literally translates to nipple axis in Chinese. I said I didn’t dare to do it for fear of being scolded. The customer sent me a picture and asked me if I knew about this. I was dumbfounded at the time. After scolding the guest, the guest said to look again. It turned out to be a simulated breast pump for children to learn to suck milk. Foreigners really know how to play with it. The color just happened to match the soft and peach color that is popular in the 2024 page, so we shot it as soon as we clicked it, NP Axis was born.
Characteristics of NP: Each of our works refuses to be copied: technology is about changing colors, I cater to the market and meet everyone’s current needs:
1. The total stroke is 4.0±0.1mm, which makes the hand feel more comfortable and does not push the hand.
2. Add light guide pillars to prevent the solid-color lights from being too dim.
3. Sound: HiFi. Crisp, clean, slightly dull.
Thank you for your continued support of MMD

NP Linear Switcher
Upper and lower covers:PC
Syem:LY
Total stroke:3.95±0.1mm
Trigger stroke:1.9±0.1mm
Trigger pressure:32/40/50gf

Summary

2 Likes

I’d have named the switch Feasting Squirrel.

Fisting Squirrel? Yew!

1 Like

Not keyboard related this time, but still a good mailday.
Some more Gameboy clones from way back then. All of them seem to have some issues, which isn’t surprising with what’s inside of them, but i will try and fix them all.

11 Likes

Neat! Are you going to keep the original screens? Or will after market Gameboy screens fit these as well?

1 Like

Got that strange Techtronix terminal KB I bought of ebay in today! The vint blacks in it are super nice! Very smooth & clean, I don’t think this board saw much use TBH. The weird big button on the top left is some type of pointing device it seems, there isn’t a switch under it & it can rotate 360°. The caps are thin DCS which is pretty cool as I can use these to mix & match DCS sets in the future. Then check out the stabs, I’ve never seen any like that before. Not 100% sure what I am gonna do with this yet. I’d like to convert it to USB & tune the switches up, but the connector is some weird proprietary one so not sure how feasible converting this will be. Worst case I got some very nice, very early vint blacks & some nice keycaps.

15 Likes

Gateron Quinn Tactile Switches

• Tactile
  • Top Housing: Nylon
  • Bottom Housing: Nylon
  • Stem: POM
  • Spring: 22mm, Double
  • Pre-Travel: 2.0±0.5mm
  • Total Travel: 3.4mm
  • Operating Force: 59±15g
  • 5-Pin, PCB Mount
  • MX Structured
  • Lubed
Summary

8 Likes

I got something very useful in the mail today. They are key tags from Amazon, and a package of 100 with stickers included is only $5

Finally found an easy, cheap, and visually appealing method for labeling keyboards in cases that don’t have a spot built in.

I had previously used some luggage tags around the storage case handles, but they were slightly more expensive and a bit unwieldy the way they hung off of the cases. I like this new method because of how simple and tidy it looks.

And now if I can simply find a space to store a few hundred cases…

11 Likes

topre cases can have free storage at my house ofc maybe freight :ahem: :joy:

3 Likes

Someone else had asked about these Gateron Quinns.

They were looking for an alternative to the Gateron Baby Kangaroo that was deeper-sounding. I found that the Quinn may be a deeper BK.

Do you think that these sound lower-pitched?

The factory-lube on the BKs is somewhat uneven. Hopefully the Quinns are a little better.

2 Likes