What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

The Datalux SpaceSaver with MEI T-15 switches. It’s possibly the worst value keyboard in my collection thus far. The switches feel like absolute crap, but its NOS! RIP print screen cap.

14 Likes

That’s amazing, what even are those switches? They don’t look like Cherry from the top, but I can’t really tell.

1 Like

They are these: MEI T-15 series - Deskthority wiki The caps are MX compatible, but I’m not sure why anyone would use these caps anyway.

Chyrosran22 made a video on this board too.

1 Like

Mitsubishi switches? That profile are those caps? The enter looks crazy like a trapazoid.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s weird and wacky. It definitely belongs in Things that make us go... hmmm - #227 by ajoflo

It’s a bit hard to tell with that picture, but the enter key is also taller than the rest of the caps (I have no idea why though).

3 Likes

This is one of those boards I absolutely love and would definitely get if I saw in the wild… even though I know I couldn’t practically use it.

I’m starting to question my judgement.

1 Like

Mekanisk klippe case with case foam, wt60d weird flex pcb, acrylic plate from Carolinamech, 205g0 lubed tealios switches, xht-bdz lubed durock stabs, and some akko keycaps

Although the weird flex pcb and acrylic plate are kinda wasted because of the tray mount style. I’m wondering if dremeling any of the mounts will make a difference.

3 Likes

Your case foam might be limiting the flex too. Can’t you remove the two center stand offs? That is the config I enjoy in my Klippe.

1 Like

Thanks doing each of those things def gave me the flex but the hollowness is a bit bothersome. Might try using a thin sheet of silicone to see if it makes up for losing the foam.

If you can find 1mm foam, that would work. I have also been trying standard old polyfil lately (https://www.amazon.com/polyfil/s?k=polyfil). It is cheap and does the job.

1 Like

Thanks for the rec, the silicone sheet I had on hand was as thick as the mekanisk plate foam.

Or tape the back of the PCB

3 Likes

2M Apple Thunderbolt cable for my CFExpress reader.

7 Likes

JTK Zen arrived so I thought I’d compare it between the hiragana and the latin alphas that they included. The rest of the latin alphas are good but only these keys look noticeably strange.

6 Likes

JTK being JTK. They would be so much further ahead as a company if they invested in quality and consistency instead of triple shot molds (which is cool and could have come later).

6 Likes

• Deskmat for GMK MECHA-01
  • Gazzew U4 silent tactile stems
  • Gazzew LT linear long-pole stems
6 Likes

I’m kind of sad that he didn’t go with the burgundy color for the LT

1 Like

Sadly, another week or 2 without keyboard things for me. But i have received these yesterday and today. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Got CRP C64 today! Sounds and feels great, even if it isn’t very true to the original.

11 Likes

sweet package! I need me some LT’s asap…