What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Cannon caps hydrangea
Wuque stabs
90x neopolitan switches

The caps and stabs are for my partners build and the neopolitan switches are for my U80.

3 Likes

15 Likes

Many Bothans died to bring him this keypad.

7 Likes

Skyloong Glacier Silent Rose switches arrived 10 days early. Really liking the quiet tactility on these and I’m excited to getting them in a board. Packaging wasn’t pretty but the switches are:

6 Likes

I’m typing on those today, myself! I’m a fan.

It seems like they’re packaged differently depending on where you get them; I’ve seen them come in a bag like this, but I’ve also gotten them in relatively fancy plastic-egg-crate-in-cardboard-box type packaging, kind of like TTC’s special boxes or some of Akko’s fancy ones. The mysteries of overseas packaging…

1 Like

Indeed. I ordered these from the Chosfox AliExpress store and they arrived in that (slightly) upgraded ziplock baggie with a silica gel pack, which was then wrapped inside a piece of foam in thin paperboard box (that was 70% crushed), and then inserted in a small shipping bag.

I have no idea how this is cost effective considering I paid $25 total for 70 switches and they traveled from China to my house on the US Mid-Atlantic in 16 days. I have zero complaints.

As for the switches themselves, everything you described checks out! These are a really nice improvement over Zilent v2 in terms of switch feel and sound. I’m honestly amazed that the little plastic dampeners actually work as well as they do.

2 Likes

Ootymoo Silent Lemon tactiles

Lemon

is green

close enough

These have badges that are right-reading when the switch is South-facing, like the Silent Peaches, unlike the Oceans.

7 Likes

Summary

Domikey Singlechip

Summary

6 Likes

Moar oddities!

• SP Star Meteor Orange
  • TTC Chaotic Panda
  • TTC Ace 1.5
  • KRGD Red
  • Feker Matcha
  • Aristotle Yellow
  • RK x TTC Warrior
  • Leobog Wolfberry
  • Leobog Nimbus
  • Aula Gold Powder (Leobog badged)
  • TTC Gold Red v3
  • NextTime Matcha Bamboo Shoot
  • NextTime Mint Candy
  • NK_ Dry Black

There’s also a “TTC Ice Silver (Frozen)” which I’d assumed to be a non-silent version of the “Frozen Silent” but it turns out they’re the same switch.

They aren’t identical but the style of Leobog’s and Outemu’s recent-ish wing-latch switches is very similar.

A few impressions;

• Is it REALLY dry, tho? (Edit: yes, it is)

• Dang, Leobogs are pretty nice

• Dude was not kidding, that Aristotle is straight up sandy

• Re: new Aces; if it ain’t broke don’t fix it

• Those NextTimes seem pretty nice too

9 Likes

Whenever someone takes a picture of there backspace key, I have a sudden urge to change my profile picture.

4 Likes

A prototype from Kevin of https://www.sircheddar.com/ new FC660C case, the Kiki660c.

The difference between this and the Yui660c is the 5% incline that’s built into the bottom. This also gives space for the daughterboard and eliminates the big forehead.

I intend to have this Cerakoted and still need to source an FC660C, but that’s gonna have to wait as I’m trying to stay on a budget.

15 Likes

Ooooooooh this is so nice!

1 Like

Love it.

1 Like

A brain transplant for an older soul - Jels KB USB-C HHKB controller (QMK/VIA)

11 Likes

Mouse Feet Skates for Logitech G604 Lightspeed

Summary

3 Likes

Do you have many? species

I can’t wait for mine to show up!

1 Like

Fundamentals. First redone GMK packaging I’ve seen. It’s better. I recycle it all but the outer part. So I appreciate that the bandarole isn’t a trapezoid anymore.

11 Likes

As in Backspaces? Sure, I currently have 6 backspace keys. I actually lost one and it’s never returned.

1 Like

More like, Lackspace…

3 Likes