What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I was thinking about this set the other day. It is true that there are more options now, and some have astonishing amounts of transparency. However, I think the SA set is still nice and has good value for something different in the high profile space. It’s strange that they couldn’t do simple things like remove the mold markings on the space bar “U” and “P,” but it does add a bit of character.

1 Like

Yeah definitely give it look, but I hope your sets are all good. Not sure how easy it would be to get a replacement key well after the GB ended. Also my luck does kinda trend toward the bad side so I’d assume I’m the exception not the rule LOL!

1 Like

Yeah GMK did have a few “golden years” there in the late 2010s, pretty much why they became ingrained as the gold standard. I think remember hearing of some issue they quickly worked out when I first got into the hobby (early 2015 IIRC), but not long after they were churning out constant bangers that had excellent QC. I guess with the huge uptick in production some fall in quality is to be expected though. I’m hoping now that we have so many different options for companies to run custom sets with GMK will slow down & get back to that quality they had from like 2016 to 19!

2 Likes

The color combo and finish on the Sonnet has me :star_struck:

1 Like

I’m definitely not looking and going to continue to live in blissful ignorance lol

1 Like

DCX Jasmine

19 Likes

Lovely photos. Dang, that’s a tall homing bar!

3 Likes

by the way, I just ordered a set after seeing your photos. I’ll tell Drop so that they pay you accordingly.

4 Likes

Hahaha. Hope you like it Pixel :slight_smile:

1 Like

Those legends look super nice! I really like how thin they are. I’m gonna have to keep an eye out the next time a set goes on sale!

2 Likes

Quality of non-GMK keycaps have made impressive leaps in quality lately it seems.

7 Likes

Just got my Alice80 today, to get more into the ergo game.

1 Like

Some more blue Auroras from a classy af vendor.

7 Likes

Dangkeebs is a great vendor, awesome to see they are starting to expand!

4 Likes

Namatsu

Monokai Material

7 Likes

tell us about the switch please :slight_smile:

1 Like

So they didn’t really arrive on the same day but it sure is a nice pile-up for this xmas. And I’m still expecting an Onyx next week and a TKC1800 with Alps plate possibly a week after that.
I’m gonna be busy.

10 Likes

Banana Splits from The Key Company. Came w/a free film made out of TPU which I know nothing about. Feels like latex.

3 Likes

Intrigued with Namazu’s 3.5mm actuation and mechanical typewriter like loud sound.

Did they mean 3.5mm key travel?

UPDATE: I forgot that I replied about this when it was first announced. doh. Blaming it on the short key travel.

2 Likes

Keebmonkey Cozy + Momoka Frogs = fun weekend ahead!

6 Likes