What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Might be the spring then. I don’t know why every spring in every switch isn’t treated to prevent ping and rattle. Seems easy to achieve. Must cost too much.

Is the F&J scooped or not?

Alas - there’s a set with bars and without, but the latter aren’t any more scooped than normal.

1 Like

As I suspected. But at least it makes my decision so much easier because I won’t pay for premium keycaps without the cherry scoope.

1 Like

It’s been a while, but today i received KTT Darling. I didn’t even know if they were tactile or linear when i ordered them because the listing was a bit dodgy, but it turned out well. They are long pole linears with 22mm long single stage springs, 3.5mm travel and they are quite decent. Stems not too wobbly in the housings, the housings themselves are very tight and even difficult to open up. Some of them have a slight clicky noise halfway through the press and you can lightly feel it too, but i’m not sure what causes it. maybe the long spring?

9 Likes

28 days later…

[ checks snail mail ]

what the heck did I order from zFrontier?

[ TTC Old School Switches ]

ooooooh yeah lol

Managed to forget about these twice. :stuck_out_tongue: Thoughts on these MX Black tribute switches in the near future.

9 Likes

10 Likes

Swapping TTC Aces into Portico75 + The Expanse on headphones + 2x lavender tea = pre-gaming family visits week let’s goooo

@mrus That has seemed like an extremely nice keyboard in particular to me on the tubes. Hope it’s good!

6 Likes

I am honestly impressed by the effort they put into packaging and the hardware itself. It’s really top notch quality from the first looks, but I’ll share some further insights over in the keyboards post, as soon as I’m done lubing 82 U4Tx.

6 Likes

I found a bag of unopened Aflion Blue Sky linear switches that I ordered during the Black Friday sales and had completely forgotten about, ahem…I had better remember why I ordered them and what seemed desirable or worth experimenting with. Or I’ll just experiment (they are coming with me on the Christmas holiday :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Pic later!

2 Likes

I really do like the transparent look and also wanted to get some Polyclears when they dropped. But if I compare that now to my Lelelab, the Lelelab seem to be much better quality tbh. Extreme clarity and no markings at the stems.

Supply parts for the clunker just came in

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good example of something that appeared since I ordered SA Polyclear. They look good and are much cheaper. Of course those aren’t SA profile, which may be a pro or a con depending on your viewpoint.

“Gazzew x Smith + Rune U4Tx Limited Edition Plum”

I’ve built multiple boards with Gazzew switches before, but this is my first experience with the U4Tx. For those who don’t know, the U4Tx has a long pole stem with dampened rails for a silent upstroke. Not sure whether I like them or not yet.

7 Likes

They look kinda good tho.

I have the standard U4Tx. Wasn’t sure what I thought about them either, but I put them in a board and I do like them. If anything, they are certainly unique. Never felt any other switch like them.

3 Likes

There is a vendor that advertises the U4Tx as being the closest MX switch to Orange ALPS.

Not sure about that, as U4 alone didn’t feel that way. Although U4T a little closer.

I actually got this earlier in December, but after building it I put it away to open on Christmas. The PVD Laser version of the KBD75 may be the most beautiful keyboard case I’ve ever seen, although it’s mostly on the bottom so it’s difficult to see when you’re actually using it.

Also, the iridescent quality of the finish means that it can look silver, black, blue or purple depending on the angle of the light. Still, when the light hits it just right it looks like something straight out of cyberspace — like it shouldn’t be able to exist in physical space.

I’ve paired it with SA Laser since it seems like this board was designed with this color scheme in mind. The plate is polycarbonate, and the switches are 67g Zealios tactile switches. There is an acrylic layer between the two halves of the metal case that lights up when in use, so I have it light up hot pink (not pictured).

22 Likes

Some Ajazz tactile switches.

• Ajazz × Huano Diced Fruit Kiwis

• Ajazz × Nacodex(?) AS Sky Blue

The second one shows up on Amazon as “CS Tactile” in the color of “Blue Sky” - I found both under the “MAGIC-REFINER” brand. :man_shrugging: Epomaker also sells them.

5 Likes

Do you see any indication on who the manufacture is of the AS switches?

Moondrop three boxes, but there should be four.
One box was stolen by delivery. There should be two linear and two tactile ones, here the tactile ones were stolen (((((

6 Likes