What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Edit: very early tests here.

5 Likes

@rpiguy9907, I think you know where this 10u is going :grin:

Now I just need to think of a good set to compliment the sb color :thinking: 9s maybe?

3 Likes

Just a newly-assembled custom KBD8X MKIIā€¦

12 Likes

Hyperglide cherry blacks

Smoothest cherry blacks that Iā€™ve had in a while

6 Likes

Where/whoā€™d you order them from?

The blacks are on backorder right now unfortunately

2 Likes

I got some droppings in the mail today

By just looking through the plastic mine does not seem to be crooked, but can it be so? Is there anyone that got good oneā€™s? :thinking:

5 Likes

I think there are people who got good ones, but the issue is many people receiving bags with 10%+ of the stems having issues

7 Likes

EPBT x GOK BoW, Krytox 205g0, Tribosys 3204, Deskeys Switch Films, and 70 Alpacas just arrived! Canā€™t wait to get home and lube them! Will post some pictures once I get them.

6 Likes

Lil tyke switches. I got some dry yellows a while ago but I donā€™t think I ever even opened the bag, these are the first JWK switches Iā€™ve played around with, they definitely feel very smooth

11 Likes

Nice. Iā€™ve been wondering if those JWK variants use new molds. Alpacas from freshly-retooled molds are incredibly smooth.

Honestly, Iā€™d pay a small premium to buy JWK linears that are guaranteed to be from new molds. I had some of the earliest Alpacas, and it makes a difference.

4 Likes

JWK will definitely retool their molds so that the smoothness doesnā€™t deteriorate. Because thatā€™s about the only thing going for them right now.

They donā€™t have good sound nor do they have good top housing tolerance :slightly_frowning_face:

Not saying theyā€™re bad, only saying what I think of them.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s certainly the case. Most people donā€™t use stock JWK.

The smoothness of stock JWK was a revelation to me, after coming from MX Red and even Gateron Yellow. But even I could tell that the sound was plasticy and tinny, and the upstroke was bad.

So theyā€™re great switches for modifying. I also think itā€™s a waste to use ā€˜heavyā€™ or thick and waxy lubes with Durocks. Itā€™s best to retain the ā€˜skatingā€™ feel, and Iā€™m not sure what lubes are out there that resemble the factory.

4 Likes

They use an oil for their factory lubing AFAIK so Iā€™d try Krytox GPL 105 or 106 to retain the skating feel & not go into the buttery feel territory.

3 Likes

Decided to open a bag. They are definitely made wrong. Itā€™s the pole in the middle thatā€™s not straight. Iā€™m not sure if the whole thing is curved or just at the wrong angle. But thatā€™s the issue. Can easily see it when you put it next to V1 stems.

See how the pole on the left, v2 stem tilts upward

Pole should line up with side rails. But you can see it doesnā€™t on the new version

6 Likes

GeezšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

1 Like

Looks like a mess born out of a marriage between a creative individual without much knowledge in manufacturing f#$kups and a manufacturer who just donā€™t give a f#$k about quality control.

3 Likes

I noticed that to, I gave them a little push and they do sit straight now, but very wobble IMO.

A little late on this one, but got my stuff!

11 Likes

The V2s look markedly different in coloring (I still havenā€™t bothered opening my pack of V2s), wondering if they changed the ratio of UHMWPE to whatever other plastic theyā€™re using (I highly doubt these are 100% UHMWPE as expensive as it is, plus AFAIK all other UHMWPE products made for the MKB realm have been mixes as it makes it much easier to mold)? More PE would most likely cause a good bit more shrinkage & warpingā€¦ :thinking:

2 Likes