What did you order or think about ordering?

Phrases like “endgame” are overused. Let’s instead speak of “dock worthy”

9 Likes

Is this that “docking” all the kids are talking about now adays? :rofl:

5 Likes

puffy-mc-puff-puff-puffy-mc-puff

2 Likes

Ouch! :dizzy_face: I just discovered a serious price hike on those Outemu Silent Creams (original colour) that I had lying in my shopping cart for a while.

They went from €28 all of a sudden to €41 for a set of 110.

1 Like

If you don’t care about if it is the newer revision with full white body other sellers (KPrepublic, Ineda) have them for less

2 Likes

FYI, those appear to be the v1 revision of those switches (based on the two-color housing). There are also v2 and v3 versions available (those are all-white opaque housing and all-white translucent housing, respectively). See some notes that left here: Silent tactile switches - #73 by yeeb

You can find these switches from multiple AliExpress sellers. For example: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804838558138.html (original v1 colorway) and https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805148060887.html (v3, translucent colorway)

The translucent ones aren’t a v3, they are a different series. V1 and V2 are part of the “Cream” series, the others are “Jade” series.

3 Likes

Interesting. Where did you figure out that information? Is there a source for cataloging Outemu switch series?

1 Like

Outemu calls them that and most of the listings do too. You can check them out on Tmall or on their website. https://gaotezhou.tmall.com / https://www.cngaote.com/ (doesn’t work for me currently, but should be the right one. used to be “dggaote.com” too, but that one doesn’t work anymore either.)

picked up some sweet DCS windbreaker from prototypist

4 Likes

I sold my cyberboard…finally and used some of that money to get a FR-301. NGL I’m tempted to use the rest of that money to get that lifesize Lucario plush that the Pokemon Center has >.>

6 Likes

I just bought an FR-301 as well!!

Might have to start an OnlyFans account to have folks pay to watch me suck all the solder off of all the boards on the reg… :drooling_face:

I mean people make money off of feet pics, right?
:foot::eyes:

3 Likes

A whole new genre - BRRT ASMR

1 Like

damnit. I don’t need this but want this so bad.

I have used my FR-301 so many times in the past decade. I’d say it’s paid for itself 10x over by now. I recently did a very thorough cleaning and swapped out the filter pad. Man, it works so great still! Desoldered 15 switches in about 2 min.

4 Likes

Thinking about getting more Boba housings. I’ve been enjoying Boba LT housing with Baby Blue stem so made a few with Lavender stem and like that version as well. It’s same sound except more clacky.

Greedy hobby.

PS: Boba LT top housing is too tight for Halo stems but fine w/Lavender and Baby Blue stems. I guess tolerance is tighter than earlier Boba housings used to make Holy Bobas. As to Boba LT bottom housing, only NK Cream top among housings I tested appears to fit.

UPDATE: Ordered 130 Boba U4T bottom housings from RingerKeys, enough for two 60% boards. I don’t think top housing matters much sound wise w/Bobas. Noticed there are Gazzew U4Ts using some new “not Boba” material which I can try later when I get tired of the Boba sound.

4 Likes

I ordered another G80-1800 in black with mx blacks. It was cheap enough, but sadly has ISO DE layout. I live in a german speaking country, so you’d think that wouldn’t be an issue, but it’s bothering me as i have moved over to ANSI long ago. Just looks more symmetrical and aesthetic to me and also has better Keycap support. Now i’m going to order an aftermarket PCB with VIA/QMK support, usb-c daughterboard, solenoid, buzzer/beeper and an FR4 plate for it. It’s a solder PCB with per-key flex cuts, so that will be… interesting in that chassis, to say the least. i’m not sure what kind of switches i will put in it yet, or what keycaps. I don’t like cherry switches at all so those will probably be used for frankenswitch parts.
I’m also thinking about getting another keyboard. MKC75 and Cycle7 both seem very tempting and would be available from EU vendors. There would also be some interesting TKL and FRL TKL available on taobao for a similar price, some i don’t really hear or read all that much about, but shipping and import tax would suck.

6 Likes

Four 6x4 switch tester cases (two for me, two for the kiddos) and Geon Triple Stage Switch Springs (22mm, 62.5g) from KeebsForAll.

1 Like

I recognise a lot of the issues you are dealing with, by also living in a German-speaking country (albeit a minority). Here, ISO AZERTY is the standard, with fricking SHIFT for all digits, period, comma, etc. Laptops sold over here are monstrous because everybody needs a numpad to avoid running crazy.

I spent a couple of years typing on Swiss ISO CH, but finally switched to US ANSI which is so much better for programming and Linux command line work.

It truly is astonishing how few people know about the US International QWERTY keyboard layout, which is even better on Linux than Windows.
It allows me to effortlessly type all accented and Umlaut characters of the five European languages I use. Now, people look at me as if I come from a different planet. :alien:

Eventually, I am left with a stock pile of nice Swiss ISO-CH mechanical keyboards…
Anyone?

2 Likes

I also switched from ISO AZERTY FR to US ANSI international a long time ago.

I was surprised by how easy and logical typing accented letters were, and the incredible amount of accents you can make.
This standard is meant to be able to write in all western languages with all their peculiarities, this is awsome.
The think I had to adapt is the ‘dead keys’ for accents: there are not much on AZERTY layout and this puzzled me at first.

2 Likes