What do you think of this layout?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the layout better?

1 Like

I like it overall, but is there room along to bottom to sneak another 1x1 in? Just so you don’t have the negative space, unless that’s what you’re going for.

I believe he was going for a HHKB like corner and blocker for the arrows.

I think the single U enter would fuck me up good hehe. and I’m guessing the unlabelled button is the Fn layer?

I quite like the negative space - especially if there is a blocker or the plate is cut for this specific layout. reminds me of a 65% with blocker prior to the arrow keys

Never tried ortho bevor but it looks great

I assumed it was going for a HHKB look but I guess it just caught me off guard because it’s not centered in the board all over, given the arrow keys on the right.

More splitting of the spacebar. Or at least the option.

Also, Colemak/workman? :smiley:

The negative space isn’t my style, but I know some people like it, so I can’t really say much about that.

I do have to agree about the single enter and single backspace. Any possibility to have PCB spots for a central enter and BS switch? I think that’s something that can help people get into ortho better.

I got used to it quickly on my Contra, but having the option would make it more accessible for first time Ortho users.

The reason you don’t see bigger ortho boards is because it somewhat diminishes the key mission which is to reduce finger travel. This is why most ortho boards will be 40%.

What about donutcat’s scrabble board? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would make the unlabeled key Backspace, Fn would probably go where Caps Lock is.