What is on your desk today?

b.fake, Gateron Yellow, kbdfans DSA Granite.

3 Likes

I didn’t know why at the time, but I knew I needed the eñe survival kit!

8 Likes

What’s the artisan on escape? Looks great.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s a Fugthulu by Nightcaps x HungerWorks in the Arcane Icicle colorway. Not sure how rare of a Fugthulu it really is, but ETF also made this colorway in a few other sculpts as well if you decide to look for one.

The second of my IMK Corne builds. Charcoal case, 67g Zealios, and Extended 2048 caps (I accidentally ordered the Icono Kit and not the Nomad Kit I meant to get! If anybody wants to trade, please hit me up):

(Previously, my first IMK Corne; one more to build!)

10 Likes

Spent the morning swapping out the 62g Zealios on my K-Type (my biggest keyboard priority for 2020 right now is replacing this pain in my side) with some Zandas I built:

The specs on these are:

• Clear GSUS housings (it took a grip and too much money for me to get the amount of these I wanted for this/future frankenswitches :sweat_smile:)
  • Stems from 65g Zealios V2.1 (or whatever we’re calling the current rev of Zeal switches; afaik only the housings have changed since the V2 launch)
  • 62g Thic Thock V1 springs
  • Tribosys 3203 on the side rails/springs

Been building these in my early mornings on weekends since my partner sleeps in later than my body allows

Here they are in the actual K-Type:

And here’s the board with all of GMK Taro back on it:

These switches sound and feel fantastic to me, a great (but expensive) upgrade from stock Zealios. This was my first major frankenswitching project but I had a good time and I’m very pleased with the results!

10 Likes

HHKB Gray.

12 Likes

Prototype Boardrun with clear acrylic case. GMK Solarized Dark mods and Jamon alphas.

6 Likes

Orange Doro67 with ePBT 2048.

The keycaps look so good. My only gripe is that on the the ePBT version of the Cherry profile the “cylindrical curve” is a bit narrower than GMK. A bit too narrow for my fingers for my liking.

12 Likes

MTB HB60 with GMK Magenta mods and Space Cadet alphas (and a crappy photo).

My first time with a staggered 64% layout; not bad. The case needs some more tweaking though; I’m still getting lots of ping, even with a layer of shelf liner.

7 Likes

An MKultra case foam might be enough to take away the ping. I swear by using them on the plate/PCB & case of all my builds now, because for their price they are very effective for sound damping builds. The reason the shelf liner isn’t helping is because it is not dense enough or compressed enough (unless you used a ton of it in your build) to really damp the sounds. All sound dampening material in tight closed off areas works best when it entirely fills the area & is under a slight compression. Otherwise it needs to be peaked to cause the sound waves to bounce off into each other & cancel out, but that only works in a fairly big open area & wouldn’t work in the confines of a KB case.

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking that, if lube can change how a switch sounds, it may change how PCB and plate sounds. May need some Hanji or medical tape to hold the lube better than metal or FR4. Only thing holding me back from trying this hack is the mess.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I lubed the PCB too just to be sure!

3 Likes

a frosted acrylic Tofu dressed with Extended 2048

14 Likes

Weapons of war, at least for Witcher 3 :slight_smile:

@Thana tofu acrylic gang unite!

10 Likes

newly-arrived GMK Oblivion on a matte black Lubrigante, Gateron Black Inks with Cherry tops lubed w/205g0. great keyboard.

took this pic before I found the r2 Page Up and r3 Page Down, too lazy to take a revised pic.

6 Likes

Extended 2048 arrived today so…

• keycap: Extended 2048
  • switch: UHMWPE stem lubed with 206g00 in Aliaz housing with 63.5g springs on alpha, 55g springs on mods.
  • plate: brass plate with MKUltra plate padding
  • PCB: Instant60
  • case: Acrylic Tofu 60%
10 Likes

New Classic case from @keyboardbelle in mid century teal.

16 Likes

How do the 3D printed cases look and feel live ? In pics they seem great and I really dig the form and designs, but I’m worried that live I might be thrown off when I see them up close. For feel I might like them more than aluminium & heavy cases as I’ve noticed I liked my plastic boards more in term of feel&sound, and like the policarb ones a lot too…

What’s your take on this part ?