What is on your desk today?

Saw two different pictures of an SGI Bigfoot. Initially, I just saw an error icon. Then I did a Shift-Reload, got a picture, then a few seconds later the system reloaded the page itself and I got another picture.

BTW: If this is from a Bigfoot, then your 60% has ALPS switches, right?

1 Like

Ok cool, it’s just on my side then. Yep I pulled the tactile leaf out of some really good condition SKCM oranges I had to make some really nice linears!

so today I tried a burger mount board

these case are acrylic layered

• top board: regular sandwich mount
  • bottom board: isolation bottom burger mount
    the boards have Gateron Yellow, keycaps are G20 Semiotic

I bottom out 3 keys at once and try to use the same force on both boards, my fingers actually receive less harsh feedback on the burger mount board. :astonished:
I hope that my feelings aren’t deceiving me. :worried:

I’m gonna use this mounting style a lot more in the future. :grin:

7 Likes

I appreciate the use of emojis to drive home the message

I have yet to try a burger mount board but they seem to get high marks.

1 Like

I was hoping to get in on Savage65 (a burger mount board), but it doesnt look like Paypal will be a payment option so that rules it out for me. They have had great reviews, might want to look at it :slight_smile:

Following a gut feeling for needing some change in my home-office, I just switched my daily-driver from the MiniVan Catalyst with Zilents v2 to a black HHKB Professional 2 with a custom Skidolcha-style “Domikey × Hammer HHKB Geeks keycap set” (originally purchased at Massdrop, now available at KPRepublic). Potato shot:

I really love that you can make the whole bottom row just out of accent colors while having the common targets for accent colors (Escape and Enter) in standard colors. Kinda reminds me of some of the ideas behind GMK Lunar. (PSA: GMK Lunar GB ends in about 1.5 days!)

The trackball on the right side is a rather cheap-ish but at least non-radio Mod-IT PX-4985-919 I bought at PEARL and pimped with the grey ball of a <rant>rather expensive Logitech MX Ergo trackball which I no more use because Logitech refuses to fix some security flaws found in their crappy Unifying radio protocol and don’t offer their high-end trackball model with just a wired connection.</rant> :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Finally finished a UT47.2 I’ve been sitting on for quite some time. Taking it for a spin today.

5 Likes

I finally have a work from home setup I’m mostly happy with now that it looks like I’m going to be doing this for a while. I’m limited to space for a 60% with my big mousepad, I threw dots on the T60 last night to use for this week.

10 Likes

What a nice desk :wink:

1 Like

It’s the ol’ ikea kitchen countertop on two sets of drawers that I got back when I got my first place out of college haha.

2 Likes

Here is my KBP V80 with Canon Hipros. This is the model with the Matias red linear switches but I will be desoldering and throwing in some lubed SKCL greens shortly. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Pulled out an unbuilt Time TKL from 2017 and built up with OG Holy pandas from original invyr GB–very pleased with how it came out :smile:

10 Likes

WAIT WHAT. IT’S BEEN THIS LONG?
Lol wowee zowee. Nice to see that board built up with OG Holy Pandas though. What a wombo Combo! Can we get a underside pic to see that beautiful “clock” and engravings?

2 Likes

Haha of course!

I usually buy kits I like and build them when I have time – Work makes it difficult and they get put on the backburner – one of the perks of this quarantine is certainly more time for building! May even put together my TX1800 and F&T 1916 :star_struck:

10 Likes

This bottom is gorgeous !

Thanks Huey for asking for this picture :wink:

3 Likes

Seconded! Beatiful board @KetchyKech!

Realforce with 55g BKE domes lubed with Krytox 1514. This thing is sex to type on.

8 Likes

Oh, the V80. I give it points for being available in more switch options than probably any prebuilt…

But dang. The stabs and caps that come with it are not great. Good thing they’re easy to replace! I made the mistake of getting one of these as a prebuilt “silent” board - but now I know it’s much better for what you’re doing with it - a base platform for custom goodness. (On that note - I’m really digging that keyset - Alps mount is pretty foreign to me but I’m totally intrigued.)

Pro tip - some cases designed for the Filco Majestouch 2 or CM Quickfire Storm will also fit the V80 (and the Turtle Beach Impact 500). Depending on how they attach, there might be a little hole-drilling needed - nothing too major.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve heard chatter is really common with the v80’s but I haven’t had any noticeable issues so far.

As for alps, if you haven’t tried them you totally should! Brown alps are the best switch ever and alps mount switches are the only switch I use now. Finding nice keysets for them can be hard since you have to go looking for donor boards to use caps from.

2 Likes

Typing demo please?

1 Like