What is on your desk today?

My desk at work.

2 Likes

I’m confused why that game pad is on the right side lol; do you actually use it with your right hand or do scoot over when you need to use it with your left?

Also, A+ choice on the trackball mouse!

1 Like

I use my right because I turned the gamepad into a macro pad. Thank you.

1 Like

Got my KBD67 Lite, so I did a quick build with:

• U4s
  • Zeal stabs
  • MT3 Extended 2048

Unsurprisingly: feels good! Not a fan of the form factor, but it’s definitely a solid board.

8 Likes

How are the u4s cause my fingers are itching

We had a mini meetup today!

17 Likes

Nature is healing… :sob:

9 Likes

Finally decided to give one of my Hadflex60 PCBs a go & found out they are the ultimate 60% tray mount PCB! No joke,as long as your case only has the 4 side mounting points & you use a half plate it makes for an extremely bouncy typing experience that is consistent feeling across the board! Went with Pewters in this cause I had a batch ready from my hot swap setup & decided they’re good enough to be soldered in something.

9 Likes

Clutter

9 Likes

I just build that lite67 today and…

WOW

I am mind blown tbh. This board is like butter.

I added:

• Durock V2 stabs modded with krytox 205
  • Zeal sakurios lubed with krytox 205, springs bag lubed with krytox 105 and filmed with deskkeys switchfilms

Soundtest: Stream kbdlite67 with sakurios lubed and filmed by ThicThock | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

9 Likes

I would love to get my hands on one (or two). I just missed out when they were in stock last. Do you happen to know if these will be restocked in the future?

1 Like

Unfortunately I do not know when or if there will be restocks. I definitely want to grab some more also if they do run again. Here is the link to Hadi/Senseless Clay’s website which is currently locked, but where you’ll find them if they run again, https://senselessclay.com/password . Then here is the Geekhack IC post link, [IC] had60 - An accessible, minimal, and universal-ish 60% PCB. You could PM Hadi on there to see if might happen to have any extras laying around & if he plans on future runs of the hadflex60.

1 Like

Testing out the new V3 KBD67 case, which fits the KBD67L internals. I opted for the painted brass weight, which it appears to share with the Bella.

I can tell you one thing - this keeb is no longer “lite” by any stretch of the imagination.

As one might expect, the sound is higher-pitched and not as resonant. The flex is reduced as well - though I’m not sure how much of this is that there’s a lot more weight on the bump-ons, and how much of it is the case itself.

I will say, the weight appears to be warped and only screws on at the edges, so it could be pushing up on the pcb and preventing it from flexing as it normally would - I’ll try it without the weight later and let you guys know in an upcoming piece I’m working on.

Initial impressions are mostly positive, but it is a tradeoff. The keeb now feels super-planted and solid, but it does give up the unique sound and feel of the 67L in the process. That said - the keys do enjoy a good level of consistency and the silicone still does its job of dampening sharp vibrations.

I’m assuming that this product is not only an upgrade for the 67L, but also represents the new iteration of the “regular” KBD67; with the sandwich-gasket mounting style as opposed to the top-mounting of the previous two versions. (I kind of thought they’d do this - makes perfect sense to me.) From what I can tell, this is a nice iteration in that line.

So - initial recommendations - if the sound and feel of the 67L are your favorite parts about it, this might not be an ideal upgrade - but if you know how heavy alu boards tend to sound with a little dampening and know you like it, this case offers a much more solid experience than the ABS version.

Edit: I’ll also add that this configuration is less forgiving of un-tuned or poorly-tuned components; it’s making the stock-ness of my KBD67L R1’s stabs a bit more obvious, for example - and it’s also bringing out a bit more spring chatter in the switches I’m using. I suppose that’s all well and good - higher-end materials might deserve a little more build attention, anyway - but it is something to be aware of.

10 Likes

I’m back in the office this week, no more working from home for me. But on the bright side, I get to have 2 keyboards in rotation again!

8 Likes

KBD67L R1 in V3 alu case

GMK Nines • Tecsee Diamonds • Brass Weight

I really like this. I haven’t decided which I prefer overall - this heavyweight metal case or the light plastic one - but each have their own benefits. I’m very happy with this keyboard - now I just need to re-tune the stabs…

14 Likes

I’m really surprised that the Dell laptop is able to run a triple monitor setup! Or is that a mini pc below the Dell?

HHKB Pro 2! I have modded this fella a few months back with 205g0 and deskeys silencing rings #5 to have it more silenced. Overall this is really a nice board to type on! It has this deep thocky “shork shork” typing sound, and I really like the tactile feel of it. I also like the simplicity, and low front height of this board, makes typing really fun!

This has been one of the top few boards that I use daily.

Changed the keycaps because I really can’t see with the original black keycaps :stuck_out_tongue:

Thinking of getting the 9009s keycaps from kbdfans to customize this again!

12 Likes

GMK Nines is so stunning. Very nice looking build here!

2 Likes

What’re your thoughts on its sound signature vs that of the stock ABS case? A little more muted and less resonant/bassy?

1 Like

It’s a USB-C dock, though I think it might have something in there to supplement the graphics power. My smaller personal laptop is also capable of running 2x1080p and a 4k with one of these, though neither of them are cheap computers lol.