What is on your desk today?

I would love for there to be another run of these.

2 Likes

I’ve also got my Saturn 60 set up! Didn’t install the LEDs on mine yet but I’m definitely gonna use them when I put it together with the included PCB. For now I’ve got an old DZ60 in there, I wanted to use Box Navies and knew I’d probably get tired of them eventually…

But right now they’re sick, feels like I’m entering launch codes whenever I type lol

21 Likes

It looks great! Need to install a key lock core and a covered switch to complete the missle launch theme.

1 Like

Godspeed

11 Likes

The Alt is an oft-maligned keyboard, which is a shame because it’s actually a solid board and pretty nice to look at (and always available). And that bronze and 2048 go together like PB&J. To be fair, I don’t use RGB or Cherry profile with the Alt (so no diffusion or interference issues).

Built with L+F 3-pin Cherry MX Blacks (desoldered from my 980M). This board is acoustically and feel-wise better with heavy linears IME.

15 Likes

I have waffled back and forth so many times on MT3 2048… Thought I’d decided. I’ve also been searching for something to pair with my bronze CTRL. That looks really good.

I have re-entered the [ waffle zone ].

@fatalruin Is that bottom row what you were talking about in the PGA thread in terms of falling off of a shelf when the board is angled? Looking at the set I’m using now (an ABS version), its bottom row is the same sculpt as the next one up, instead of like what’s in the photo above.

Is that a difference between ABS and PBT MT3, or is that like an optional kit?

1 Like

Extended 2048 has an R5 bottom row in the base modifier kit. All the other sets I’ve seen (ABS or PBT) have an R4 bottom row (like on yours).

1 Like

No, I was talking about row 3, the home row. As far as I understand, MT3 has the option for two different profiles for the bottom row: one flatter and one more sculpted. It depends on what the designer selects.

1 Like

On the desk today is my silver Xeno built with Gateron Pro yellow switches.

18 Likes

How do the pro yellows feel in a build? Hell, how does the Xeno feel?

Xeno feels solid. Pretty firm with the brass full plate, but I like firm so it feels good to me. Sounds very good with the pro yellows. Highly recommend the pro yellows for a linear switch. Classic Gateron nylon sound with improved wobble (improved, yes, but not completely gone). The tops still worry me a bit though. I haven’t had any come apart, but just open one and you’ll see what I mean. They come apart shockingly easy with an opener.

3 Likes

I wonder if that’s on purpose to some degree; knowing people will be opening these, maybe the point here is for the opening process causing less bending / stretching / wear on the clips. I know some switches need films only after opening - this might be trying to address that. It could also just be bad tolerances. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Guacamole, anyone?

11 Likes

I kinda like that funky colorway

1 Like

I clearly lack the necessary vision to see how things like this will come together.

1 Like

Unexpected colors for keycaps, but I find then very nice looking !

I have been enjoying using splits the past few days. I have my quefrency v2 out today, built up with creams with UMHWPE stems, cherry clip in stabs, and the case is a P3D store carbon fiber infused PLA with a pink PLA mid layer and topped with GMK Laser.

The TRRS cable is custom made by DaniPopDesigns

12 Likes

Built my gray unpainted TKC-1800 with lubed and filmed H1s. Swapped out the heavyboi springs with 68g Sprit springs. Sounds nice and thocky. Love having a numpad for filling out forms online, which I used a lot today!

Forgot how brutal it is to build larger boards. Double the amount of lubing/filming/soldering. Yuck. But the end typing experience was worth it in this case.

22 Likes

I’m getting some vintage space travel vibes from this. Very nice.

4 Likes

Recent rebuild of a Grid600 with a Wilbatech WEIRDFLEX PCB, Carolina Mech FR4 1/2 plate and Gateron Cap brown switches.

Note: removed the center post from the case for lots of flex.

19 Likes