What is on your desk today?

I love my 660C, and the Hasu controller was a game changer for sure. If you find that the spacebar feels too heavy or at least inconsistently weighted compared to the other keys (like I did), you can remove the outer spring under the key – this made me type faster and more comfortably.

2 Likes

I remember trying Tokyo Press for the first time. I was like, eh. Then I found myself coming back to it more and more. Then I sold it cause I hated the layout, but couldn’t stop thinking about it for like a year and a half. Then bought a 980C. I hope you like it.

7 Likes

TIL that Topre is short for Tokyo Press. Thanks! Some interesting history there too.

6 Likes

If you want more tactility try out some of the aftermarket domes as well.

1 Like

I finished my MurphPad today, the P3D case is done in the Radiant acrylic. I had actually ordered a white one, but there was a mixup so I ended up with black. I may take it apart to spray the switch plate, but for now it’s good. Besides, in black you can’t really tell there’s a screen until it comes on.

Switches: U4T Black
Caps: MT3 Camillo
Knob: lovemyswitches.com

11 Likes

I love the “infinity mirror” effect of the stacked acrylic edges through the clear surface. What a cool pad.

I’ve also got some MT3 on my desk today; Susuwatri with monotone mods and red accents on *nixdork Boba U4Ts, in a KBD67 v3.

Edit: sounds in this thread

11 Likes

Build soon :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Hell Yeah !

Cool!
How do you like the Ploopy trackball? I want to get one, just haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet.

1 Like

I got the ploopy mini and quite like it so far! I haven’t played around with QMK on it yet but initial thoughts:
Pros - 3D-printed shell is more comfortable than expected, trackball is accurate, clicks are nice
Cons - micro-usb

I had some trouble getting used to the ball not being on thumb position but adjusted pretty quick. Definitely won’t be my last ploopy product

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

I’m still debating on whether I should get their mini or classic trackball, because I think I’d prefer those models over trackballs that you control with your thumb. Since I would like to use the trackball for everything, I feel like having the trackball on thumb position would make it harder to be precise when doing some casual gaming.

One of my four AEK-IIs

This one has white damped switches. Slightly different from damped cream but hard to figure out quite why.

I’ve been digging back into old stuff over the past week. When I get overwhelmed with all the new switches I tend to shut down and pull out old stuff. Ha.

15 Likes

Do you know of any vintage boards with AEK legends but with MX switches?

27 Likes

Need a bigger standing desk at work.

20 Likes

Wow, that’s clean!

I’m guessing those are Topre keycaps, or did you swap the stems to be MX compatible?

1 Like

Topre, but they do have MX versions:

https://kbdfans.com/products/ic-kbdfans-x-biip-extended-2048-keycaps-set?variant=33816045355147

3 Likes

Built this one up with Epsilon switches today

Decent65 in copper suede cerakote. Sounds really nice.

19 Likes

DCS Delftware on my Kara. Enjoying the caps but making the move back to a staggered layout from a split ortho makes me feel like I’ve never used a keyboard before in my life lol

21 Likes

FC980C - this board is helping me understand the love people have for their Topre. The stabs are rather rattly in its stock form, will need to peruse the Topre modding threads and have a go at remediating it!

24 Likes