What is on your desk today?

Cherry silent stems in NK yellow dry housings lubed with 205g0. My third favorite silent switch.

2 Likes

Boop Boop. Beep Beep. We, humans, come in peace and mean no harm.

2 Likes

It looks so good!

1 Like

My Tentaku calculator, not finished yet, not really happy with the case, but it works. I want to print on the display, on the black acryl glass something like ,Tentaku Calculator‘, 80s letters, Eurostile font or so. Here’s the backside of it, and another snap of its HELLO message, how cute is that!

15 Likes

Also please someone build or create a fancy battery powered calculator with mechanical switches!

1 Like

Drop Planck v6 Hi-Pro with MT3 WoB keycaps. I used QMK to program the left spacebar to function as “lower” when held and the right spacebar to function as “raise” when held. Both work as spacebars when tapped. Keycaps all match their function on the base layer.

I’m tempted to cross-post in the Mix and match keycap sets thread because I needed to buy two sets of MT3 WoB to get the two 2U spacebars…

8 Likes

They announced some new kits for their MT3 sets are coming. Perhaps space bars!

1 Like

I hope so! It seems kind of random which MT3 sets have spacebar sets available right now.

I don’t know why they include 2x1.5u spacebars in the ortho kit when the Planck doesn’t support it.

Been spending too much time at my desk due to WFH, so decided to pull out the ergo (and also totally rearranged my desk to reduce neck and back strain)

9 Likes

Sol 3 with KAT Drifter keyset.

8 Likes

Right? It struck me as an odd choice.

Finally received my RAMA U80-A SEQ2 in Kuro Stealth yesterday. I ordered it on 10-15-2020 and have been waiting for it for 1 year and 4 months. Quality of materials and finish are amazing and it really feels great to type on, but the wait time has definitely been detrimental to the whole experience.

9 Likes

It’s no RAMA, but I have been enjoying my first keeb with a 7u space bar (and an F13).

This NK87EE is a little different than it’s smaller sibling in terms of how the case works, but this first edition of the 87EE does share a few features that exist as upgrades on the current NK65EE; namely brass threads for the oft-used screw holes, and a new polycarb plate.

I also decided this might be a good place to put 3277 while I wait for Retro - and I can’t tell you how pleased I am to have such a great spot for Jiji to hang out. :smile_cat:

At the risk of using a somewhat redundant photo;

Doesn’t the cable placement make it look a bit like his tail?

If you were wondering, the RGB is bright as heck, looks great, and has some more nuanced effects than the original 65 does.

This appears to have some kind of cost in terms of power draw, though; this happened when I plugged it into a USB hub:

Reset the USB, plugged it in to a 3.0 port directly, and all was gravy.

I used Matrix linears this time:

The switches sound great in the chassis, but I’m not going to subject you to those un-tuned stabs. (Yes, I was impatient and wanted to play with mah keeb before doing any actual work on it.)

My particular unit appears to be missing some of the silicone pads that slot into the top shell, but that doesn’t really seem to matter much. The Scroll Lock LED also doesn’t illuminate (I’m assuming that’s what the third LED is), but that’s one of… two keys on the TKL layout I’ve legitimately never used for anything a single time, so I don’t think I’ll be missing it.

Left: dampener present - Bottom right: dampener not present

I have quite a bit more to talk about when it comes to this keeb in the not too distant future, but for now I wanted to go ahead and share my generally positive initial impressions and a few photos.

My initial takeaway is this: the updates to the EE line may seem subtle and incremental - and they are - but the effect they have on the experience of building, owning, and using the keeb is genuinely significant. Replacing those plastic threads with metal ones and that metal plate with a plastic one go such a long way in keeping the line competitive with its now numerous peers for which it paved the way.

16 Likes

My friend Moossey designed this deskmat for TKC. Had to to pick one up.

13 Likes

That’s awesome! Keeb looks so tiny in this shot. The color on that mat turned out really good and compliments your case nicely.

1 Like

Yeah! I wish they had gone higher resolution for the print, but it looks great from normal viewing distances. It does make the Planck feel absolutely tiny. :rofl:

I finally received my Vega in the mail. So, it’s time to build and post pictures! I took my time with this one.

Vega

• GMK Modern Dolch 2 Keycaps
  • OA Switches (Lubed and Filmed)
  • Durock PCB Mount Stabs

18 Likes

Looks great! It appears to be all of the colors and none of them at times, so I’m guessing it’s the gray Vega? I added an extra plate and PCB so I’m in the shipping group that goes out later this month.

1 Like

Wireless Ikki68 Aurora today. Having fun switching between my phone and computer via Bluetooth. It does it very fast. Pretty nifty.

More photos on my Instagram if interested

11 Likes