What is on your desk today?

You give me a flat surface, I’m going to put stickers on it.

10 Likes

Not a perfect fit, but ain’t that ‘van life? Cop-board TG3 caps, and a Hot Keys Project Caution Spacebar. It’ll do until I get DCS Paperwork.

Been wanting a rackmount minivan for a while and got a good deal on this one.

16 Likes

Looks great just the way it is. Beautifully industrial. Will look prettier, but wimpier with DCS Paperwork, lol.

2 Likes

Almost looks like you’re about to bust some ghosts.

bmmfg

10 Likes

Whew, the hull mount + silver finish is nice as heck. Very raw. Love the way those boards feel, now I want one…

1 Like

I ain’t afraid of no ghosts!

You can hear the theme song, can’t you?

You’re right, the resemblance to the ghost trap is uncanny.

3 Likes

The brass knuckhull version is still up for sale on the 40s discord, hit up crimsenraven

1 Like

Trying the FR4 plate on the P68BL this evening

3 Likes

Got it installed - definitely makes a difference!

Unsurprisingly, it feels more solid and less bouncy. I don’t think it pairs quite as well with the Hearts as the poly flex-cut plate does, but I’m still liking it. Definitely easier to switch switches with.

These particular switches have slightly different clips than usual, and the tool basically has to be right on the plate. Another reason the poly one isn’t great for lots of swapping, especially with these:

Anyway. Here’s what the FR4 plate sounds like:

For comparison, here’s the same setup but with the poly plate:

Also -

Standoffs…

They seem ever so very slightly off - and more importantly aren’t necessary.

So yeah.

I definitely think it looks better with black keycaps.

The gaskets definitely still dampen, and the deck is still slightly mobile, but there’s a lot less flex under pressure. Definitely more firm, but still a far cry from classically rigid options.

6 Likes

Nice variance in keycaps.

Heavy-6 MX

Build Photos: https://imgur.com/a/MOReMm4

16 Likes

Was out of town while my Matt3o+MT3/dev/tty set came in and just got to put them on today; I’ve got to say that I really love the feel of them and am already more precise with my touch typing on them.

mt3_k4v2

I really need to get better about looking at the key layouts for sets I buy, since yet again I am stricken with some missing R0 keys (note the bottom right ctrl/fn/alt with the wrong slant). I ordered the Lost & Found set to make up for it so I can put something there (and replace the PRTSC key with something a little more suitable for the K4v2 RGB key).

7 Likes

Waouh, very cool job !!!

2 Likes

So niceee

2 Likes

With the right amount of blur and text on top, this could be an album cover in an alternate universe where keyboards are mainstream

Edit: Maybe something lo-fi like, “Keys to my Heart”

or “Keycaps and Heartbreak”

or “60 switches and none for you”

5 Likes

Ha! Yep. I can totally see that as a Bandcamp thumbnail now…

1 Like

I tried Outemu Oceans the other day - I can’t say they’re my thing, but they seem well-executed for click-jacket switches. They have a lot less rattle than their blue brothers, but they’re every bit as crispy-crunchy:

I think it’s the space bar sound I just can’t get down with… I normally leave them in at least a week to get a feel for them, but, well, my Pearlios came in and those are way more interesting to me right now. Time for another swap.

3 Likes

I noticed that too, I used Outemu blues for a year and they also had a less than ideal spacebar sound (and all the larger than 1u keys for that matter). I found a Box Jade in the spacebar and enter key made a noticeable difference in the typing experience for me.

2 Likes

WOW! That’s just too freaking cool. Great job dude.

1 Like

XMI (v2) is quite good :muscle:t3:

18 Likes