What is on your desk today?

Popped GMK Serenity on the Coriander because purple usually looks good on white, but I don’t know if I am feeling it.

Other immediate options for it are DCS Paperwork, GMK 80082 w/Pink Bars, GMK Civilization, or Kitty Kat keycaps.

Or I could take ePBT Soju off another board and put it on this.

I think Civ and Kitty KAT might be too monochromatic?

9 Likes

FWIW, I think the combo looks good!

1 Like

The recording is on the quiet side, so you might need to turn this one up - and actually from the couch rather than at the desk today because I’m feeling casual. I am really enjoying this. Like I sat down to play a game half an hour ago but I’ve been on Monkeytype the whole time. >.>

Portico68 BL

• NuPhy Night Breeze lienars (POK stem, long-pole, factory lubed)
  • Custom POM plate from HypeKeyboards.ca
  • TX V3 stabs w/ Nyogel
  • ABS DCX keycaps
4 Likes

Yaksa Pro TLK PrintStream Edition.
Gateron Red Switches (unlubed)
MT3 BOW Keycaps

4 Likes

I got these switches today. Clack city. I feel like I can type 200wpm. The spring weight is perfect for the stem.

3 Likes

Finally built up my Salvation, have been using for about a week or two at work and absolutely loving it.

S/O to all the folks here who gave me tips on silent tactiles to check out. I ended up going with TTC Slient Bluish Whites and they’re exactly what I was looking for: smooth, with a sharp-ish tactility and a very pleasant thud/clack sound.

13 Likes

Beautiful. I’m inspired by this. I already have a set of caps in a similar tone on the way to go on my navy anodised Q1. Hope mine comes out looking as clean as yours.

2 Likes

I don’t know why I never thought of putting Space Cadet on that color of blue, but it looks perfect.

4 Likes

I’m still alive! Just been very preoccupied lately. This has been a long time coming and I’m happy to finally get it together.

7 Likes

Giving MDA Future Suzuri a try with Blackberries today.

I love having a dark-colored MDA set with kitting support for a bunch of keebs, but I do wish the QC was just a bit better.

The colors are fantastic, but the legends on some of the colored keys are fairly blurry, and are sometimes pretty off-center. That fleck on the pipe key isn’t dust, but a scratch that doesn’t seem to buff-out - I keep wanting to brush it off and remember it’s there to stay. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s about all the complaints, though - as long as you don’t look too close, I think it looks fantastic - and I love the feel of MDA, even if I’m not the fastest or most accurate with it compared to others. I find it quite comfy. The homing bars are a little faint - with my nerve damage I can hardly feel them at all, though it doesn’t seem to be much of an issue for me. Still - worth noting that the homing here is subtle at best.

So far it’s hard for me to pick whether I prefer the sound of these or ABS MT3 on the Blackberries. This is where I have some trouble finding the right descriptive words… with MT3, they definitely sound deeper - but with the MDA they sound… more full? Like a wider range of the spectrum? I’ll try to find a more concrete way to talk about this for my upcoming review of the Blackberries (and possibly this keyset).

5 Likes

A budget keyboard. KBDCraft Kit Adam in a case built from blocks in the kid’s LEGO bin. Switches are lubed Kailh browns that I received when I purchased a couple of mystery switch packs. The keycaps are a $20 MDA set from AliExpress. The colors are kind of loud but the keyboard sounds and feels nice to type on.

10 Likes

Love it. I own two of these but I’ve never thought about using other type blocks to fill in! Great idea. I love the patchwork look.

1 Like

The joy of the Adam kit is precisely how crazy one can make it with a few random parts and some imagination. Yours looks amazing. And you’ll always know which board is yours.

1 Like

Arc60

10 Likes

Nice color combo. You’re all set for Autumn.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Seeing the hat key, this immediately became stuck in my head:

1 Like

That’s a Classic. I thought of this:

2 Likes

Trying out DSA caps on my salvation.

10 Likes

GMK Classic Retro Zhuyin on the Kei

10 Likes