What is on your desk today?

I can’t believe how gorgeous HSA sets can be. I picked up Rays during a Vala sale and was thoroughly impressed with the rich colors and glossy surface. I jumped on HSA Rouge when it popped up on Kbdfans and it really blew me away – colorful yet classy. I’ll probably pick up Blush in a future Vala sale (if they don’t implode before then).

I do like the profile otherwise. It’s a more comfortable height than SA, but still has the ergonomic downsides when paired with a board angle designed around Cherry profile (7-8°). For me It pairs really well with a lower angle board (e.g. 5°) however. I’m currently enjoying a set on a Realforce R2 in a Norbaforce.

3 Likes

AKB is0GR with a Haimu Thistle and SW Foundation grey-beige ISO Enter

12 Likes

I remember a functional miniature novelty pencil from my childhood that would fit right in that pen rail… :pencil2:

4 Likes

Decided to swap out boards for my Aaru TKL since I haven’t used it in a min. DCS Alchemy is a great match for the sand case colorway!

12 Likes

Okay, so technically this is what left my desk today, but I got the 1392595 terminal Model M all fixed up. Soarer’s converter is working well, with a mild remap to make it act like a regular PC keyboard, including Win key on RCtrl. USB cable is semi-permanent, connected to the converter inside the case. With no status LEDs, there was enough room to tuck the original cable inside the case. Mine came with four missing keycaps, so in the spirit of kintsugi repairs and supporting the old alma mater, I got the brightest orange and blue I could find on Unicomp’s site. Go Gators.

I got a few other 1u caps as well, to make up the order minimum and to see if my DIY dye-sub techniques will work well on them. I may see if I can replicate the originals’ top legends, but any other design suggestions?

7 Likes

It came with two ball bearings and a pack of mm-thick, maybe 1-inch long crayon sticks to rest in the pen rail. I am wary of putting metal there, but the crayons will make an appearance.

2 Likes

man I’m diggin at the past here but you don’t have the blue alt alphas do you ?
on the fence about snagging this set but literally can’t find any actual pictures of it

Swapped in a DSS Honeywell set to try out the profile. Geon TKL 8K with Fuyu PCB.

6 Likes

Does that set have blanks?

Nope. I filled the gap with some blank DSA I had on hand. I don’t mind it too much, as I found I kept missing the arrow keys and hitting the ones above them.

(It did come with two 1U Fn keys for some reason…)

1 Like

I picked up a set because they’re on clearance. Can’t beat $75 for such a lovely set of keycaps.

They look nice on the 8k

2 Likes

I don’t have those alphas but the main kit does have a few keys that match them:

My house lighting is warm…

Here’s the blue keys alongside the green ones at a couple angles

2 Likes

That’s awesome, thank you. In most of the pictures I’ve seen, the green looks darker than the renders, and the blue looks lighter lol
What do you think of them?

I like them a lot with the one caveat that depending on the light, the space bars may not match because they are fully dyed rather than sublimated like the rest - but I don’t think it stands out at a casual glance.

1 Like

a mysterious ice-ogre appears

Bum

10 Likes

![20240521_180119|666x500]

Baionlenja Gehirn R1 silver
Zaku II tactile switches, standard aluminum plate
Swagkeys Knight Stabilizers
GMK DMG 3 (CYL)

10 Likes

New printshop workhorse keeb:

Yunzii AL71

• Skyloong Silent Iceberg Rose tactiles
  • GMK Prepress; Poster Alphas, Novelties
  • KKB WoB (white legends, space)

I think I’ll have some fun customizing that badge…

10 Likes

8 Likes

Trying out the 10u and BAE. I bought one of every color bc I tend to do that. One thing that I didn’t think about was the pipe key. Currently have it on Insert. Also without an OS key like on this board, the right alt is the OS and control is on caps tap dance. We shall see.

Probably more practical to use this on a Tsangan bottom row with split backspace

13 Likes

Cycle8
Gmk
Cream-soda

Summary

7 Likes