What is on your desk today?

My Liminal on the hotel/quarantine work desk.

11 Likes

If Atlantis were a modern city, I’d expect to find something like this on a desk or two there.
:trident:

1 Like

Tried one of these out for the first time at my neighbor’s house. Nice weight, hard to type on the profile and with blanked out keys. Still neat though.

7 Likes

You’ve always got such great descriptions for stuff

1 Like

Ha, thanks! I understand the world through metaphor and simile.

1 Like

11 Likes

Kbd8x mkii
Brass plate and brass back weight
Alpaca 62g linears lubed with Krytox 205g0 and filmed with tx pink films
Durock stabilizers lubed
GMK 9009 R3

6 Likes

This was a build that just worked. Not a lot of forethought went into this. I was just bored, had a lot of ingredients laying around and this is what came out. Didn’t even know what keycaps I was gonna use til 10 minutes ago.

Ducky Shine 7 with lubed hako clears, lubed stabs, tire balance weights added to case for extra heft and sound and drawer liner on the inside. I give it a 9.5 out of 10 just because the switches feel excellent but not amazing. Very enjoyable to type on.

The bottom of the case is black, I think I’ll spray paint it white.

Edit: aaaand my wife just stole it. Not joking. Sigh… at least I get my BKE modded realforce back. :smirk:

6 Likes

Honeywell with the teal accents!

1 Like

Too bad your wife just stole it. I was thinking about buying it off you!

Is that the gray Ducky case? I always thought Honeywell would look great on it. Originative still owes me a set of Turf Green accents, because of some mistake at the factory.

Haha, I’m happy to let her have it as long as I get to use it for a while :smiley: It’s the Ducky Shine 7. I’m pretty sure it’s a cast zinc top (so pretty epic) and a black plastic bottom.

These caps were actually a Christmas present from her but they didn’t arrive til June or July I think so yeah, caps from Originative can take forever especially if they screw something up.

1 Like

It kills me that you did this first, as clearly Ducky has the right colours for Honeywell.

I wasn’t smart enough to go for teal, even though it was so compelling. The Turf Green accents I’m supposed to get are intended for a black board.

[Yeah, I ordered them in December, too, and in June I got an e-mail from OcO “Sorry we screwed up so we’ll have to ship all the Turf Green accents later.”]

The stopping block for me on that build are the Hako Clears. I think I tested them, but found them heavy. Are those stock?

I like medium to medium heavy switches, especially if they are linear or lightly tactile like these are. The springs are stock but everything is lubed.

1 Like

WFH Lunch

6 Likes

Taking the green theme on step further. :joy::+1:

2 Likes

Ha! Didn’t even think about it like that. What can I say, trying to get healthier. I gave up eating flesh Halloween 2018. Still eat the unborn though. If I could just kick ice cream and cheese…

1 Like

You confused the daylight out of me, that’s for sure :sweat_smile:

I sketched the layout of a keycap showbox (a box for storing and displaying keycaps) for all 104 keycaps of a standard keyboard.

4 Likes

I keep coming back to the Grid 600 (DZ60 with 67g Zealios and GMK Jamón). I did a lot of experimenting with different modules, but I think I’ve settled on this as the final form of this particular board. Still love that LED strip.

14 Likes

dude that’s awesome