What is the most flexible typing experience you've tried?

Since flexible typing experiences appear to be trendy in the hobby at the moment (Thermal, Salvation, Geon F1-8X, etc), what are some of the most flexible boards you’ve tried?

2 Likes

I think the “had60” PCB I have, once built, is going to take the ‘Most Flexible’ category for me. I’m pretty excited to try it, but I’ve got to focus on a case first.

2 Likes

Definitely self shilling here, but my own board, the P4kcr3, is the flexiest board I’ve ever typed on. I really enjoy the vibration transfer between hands and the gentle aspect of the bottom out, I’m a heavy typist, so hard bottom out boards become tiring very quickly.

3 Likes

I have a mekanisk type X (kinda like a klippe but with no center posts) and built it with a flex cut pcb and no plate, it goes boingey boingey when u type on it

1 Like

I used my cardboard prototypes for almost a year… :slight_smile: I tried various switches from linears to Jades. The conclusion? With the proper number of stand-offs there is nothing wrong with the concept:

3 Likes

Right now my Sirius with a POM halfplate & Wilba weird flex PCB. That’s a bouncy Boi to the point I had to put paper in the bottom to keep the switch legs from shorting o the weight LOL.

2 Likes

1/2 Delrin plate on my Prophet

It’s wonderful. Feels like typing on a cardboard box.

I like it so much I bought the 65% version, the Angel.

3 Likes

Unexpected sentence combination lol!

3 Likes

Yeah, I realized that when I typed it, but honest to god, that’s an accurate description. Without a doubt the most unique typing experience I’ve tried. And it’s very plesant. Heavily lubed gateron linears pair well with it.

2 Likes

Sounds interesting! My flexy board is a half plate PC polaris with gat yellow inks (so underrated). I love the board, but I’m not sold on flex in general still. Brass is still bae for me

2 Likes