What order are you most excited to have arrive?

But I guess I’m most excited to get my HMKB and the SA Godspeed to pair with it.

That’s a lit combo, one of my buddies has a space65 with SA Godspeed and it’s :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

My Austin R2. I can’t let go of the numpad and I’ve been using a stand-alone one but I’m really looking forward to Austin, it’s the perfect layout for me, 65% plus numpad.

Me too!

1 Like

I’m somewhere in between: spreadsheet with all planned and executed purchases, grouped by tools / materials (e.g. lube), build (e.g. Filco mod, Ducky mod, GH60 build), in order to be on top of the cost per build, monthly budget, and ETA of the orders. No inventory, but a table of all tested switches, sorted by category and weight in order to figure out my preference. No GB (yet?) except for the Holy Pandas, other than that I’m not yet ready to drop 3 digits for only a case or a set of keycaps.

1 Like

Almost a year later and it’s still MT3 Susuwatari. So close now - at a mail facility here in town!
Rarely do I look forward to Mondays with such gusto…

Honorable-mentions:

• The Tangies caught up in the local mail Corona-vortex
  • The Blue Inks I ordered to convert into Heisenbergs
  • The BOW keyset I got for my white 68-key
  • …aaand the GK61x I ordered as a switch testing platform
3 Likes

Well, it’s my first custom keyboard and all… So I am really excited and looking forward to getting the Atlas later this year.
I don’t know if this level of excitement is normal but it’s really a great feeling to have. Plus there’s Silent Black Inks, Durock Stabs with it too, and hopefully I will be able to add KAT Iron, MKUltra foam, some custom cables AND MAYBE the ROTR Macropad that is in IC and may have a GB by then… Production period is very short for that actually… Just 5 to 6 weeks so pretty stoked.

My mail in December might actually get to be a huge unboxing and building week.
Hopefully I am done with exams by then and don’t have to wait to rip the boxes up :wink:

2 Likes

I’m most excited to be able to order the:
Quefrency Rev.2
KAT Refined
Fjell and/or Vega

Mixed feelings about:
GMK Laser

Is this level of excitement ‘normal?’ No, the only human being more excited about forthcoming mail than keyboard enthusiasts was Steve from Blues Clues. You know what’s even less normal, the fact that your excitement is infectious enough that I’m excited for you to receive your mail.

Anyway, I think we all gave up on the pretense of normality when we signed up for a forum dedicated solely to keyboards.

3 Likes

Finally got my hands on an Ice Box from Robot Candy that should be in tomorrow. Super excited to have a new home for my Fugu collection.

2 Likes

The tangies are fire. I have lubed and filmed 40 of them so far and they feel amazing. I cant’ wait till I get my Space 65 Cybervoyager in to use them.

1 Like

Maja, Peaches and Cream, Gateron N1’s and my commissioned Mysterium case! I went with Hotswap and polycarbonate for the Maja because I have never used either.

What attracts you to the MT3 Susuwatari sets? I like the cafe brown aesthetic with the yellow legends, but the sporadic color choice of the modifiers makes me uncertain what I think of it. It doesn’t look bad, but if they’re more muted than the renders (which I’d expect based on past comments on it), then couldn’t it look rather bland in person?

1 Like

I was initially attracted for various reasons, including those amazing main colors in the renders. As for the variety of legend colors, that’s sort of a call-back to certain older keyboards that featured similar colors - though the names of those escape me. That said, I did order the monochrome kit which features all cream legends instead. The final product does have different shades and is slightly lighter than the renders, but I find them far from bland:

The grays are closer to neutral than the very warm, brownish grays from the renders, and the cream is more subtle as well, but I still find it a striking set - and the physical quality is crazy good, too.

2 Likes

I’ve heard mixed things about the visuals, but it seems almost everyone who has used them has raved about the feeling and astounding quality of the caps. MT3 looks like a lovely profile for both tactility and visuals. I didn’t buy into the original GB, but the current set on Drop with the colored-legends looks decent in the renders:

That said, that is all they are: renders. I don’t think the probable paleness is going to be a very inspiring visual for my project board, assuming it’s like their first batch of these. I’d much prefer a leaning towards either warmth or coolness rather than definite neutrality. It’s a shame the majority of other MT3 caps I’ve seen are some generic white or slightly off-white.

In any case, thank you for your input. I’ll take your notes into consideration if I find myself inclined to buy into this round.

Yeah, I was using /dev/tty for a hot minute and I loved the sculpt of the profile (both the feel of it and the form of it) but there just hasn’t yet been a colorway that grabs me. Hopefully the doubleshot option can help solve that for me, as I’d love to have it on my boards more regularly!

1 Like

Those are the same renders from the initial group-buy, and I’m all but sure the colors will be the same for round 2. You might have seen them already, but there’s a photo page with at least a couple-dozen different lighting conditions - those should give a good idea of what r2 will look like.

1 Like

Though the renders may be the same, according to Matt’s blog post, the product as a whole should be better:
Matt30
Said that though the colors aren’t yet where he wants them, they are better than before. He posted three pictures of the V2 prototype set on that page, if you’re interested in seeing them yourself. They don’t look bad, but I’m hesitant to pay over $165 on a base kit and some necessary blanks to fit my spacebars, having never bought into a fine keycaps set before. MT3 does look cozy to use, though. Wonder if I should buy into one of the more comfortably-priced KAT or MDA kits, like the KAT Hyperfuse Origins on Originative, or Melgeek’s MDA Vision caps. I’d pay roughly half of the Susus for multiple items from either set.

I believe those are R1 production sample photos - posted June 1st.

MT3 is lovely and these ABS ones are fantastic, but I’m also a big fan of MDA dye sub kits. My accuracy might be a little better on MT3, but I’ve gotten my fastest typing speeds on MDA.

2 Likes

Polaris + All the KAT GBs I entered (Atlantis, space cadet, drifter, Hyperfuse), and definitely looking forward for KAT Refined (oof). + a bunch of small stuff currently on my way (hopefully, because of COVID).