What single set of switches have you put the most miles on?

I have one set of lubed Invyr Holy Pandas that I’ve moved from build to build and put tons of miles on, despite my enjoyment of trying different switches. I just rebuilt my QXP with them on an acrylic plate and an typing on them right now.

Do you have a set/batch of switches that you move from one board to another or that you have put a ton of miles on?

4 Likes

Being completely honest, it would have to be the set of Cherry whites I had on my WASD Keyboard. I used that for a solid 5+ years before I started exploring others.

3 Likes

Zilents, they’ve seen… four builds? Love how they feel, never loved how they sound. I have yet to try boba gums…

3 Likes

Aside from the SwitchMaster and then Cherry blues I typed on for the first couple years, the switches I use most from my current collection are Silent Box Browns.

They’re just quiet enough to use at work, and while they lack the refinement or smoothness that some other silents enjoy, they have a relatively crisp crunchiness that I find satisfying. It also helps that they’re N/S agnostic and play nice with all my caps regardless of what board they’re in.

3 Likes

I grew up with my Dad’s PC keyboards so I loved the Box Navies when I first got into the hobby. I’ve tried all kinds of clickies - light crisp clicks and deep thunking thocks - turns out half of my boards have Box Jades in them. They’re the one that keep returning to. Though Holy Pandas have begun to creep in.

Sadly I don’t feel the need to try out new switches like I used to.

2 Likes

Kailh BOX Pinks. I’ve been using them ever since they were released and I find them to be a very balanced clicky switch like a buckling spring, but without the obnoxious ping.

4 Likes

gateron silent browns from my old old xd84 v1. probably got a solid 2 years of use on them as it used to be my old daily driver.

1 Like

Across all boards, probably Gateron Silent Inks.

2 Likes

Hehe I figured most people would answer this way, but I really meant which single set of switches have seen the most miles, not what type of switch.

Still interesting to see the answers.

Hah, well, the answer would probably the same :joy:

1 Like

You know what’s crazy? I have over 100 keyboards and only 2 of them have the same switches. Weird, right? I don’t have anything with a lot of use on it overall.

But the ones I’ve moved around the most and continue to use are probably Kailh browns, MX Zilents, and Gateron blacks.

2 Likes

Woah, have you ever taken a “family pic”?

Pretty sure it wouldn’t all fit in frame. Need a sky lift maybe?

30 or so will fit stacked close if I get up on a chair. Ha. That’s the bad thing about having a large collection. Really can’t see all of it at once.

10 Likes

Topre 45g.

Gateron Black Inks will probably surpass them for me soon.

1 Like

Maybe you could borrow a fish-eye lens from Busta Rhymes.

Every time I think about flipped spacebars, I remember the wild video for Gimme Some Mo because flipmode is the greatest

[ EXPLICIT LYRICS ] and ridiculous costumes

3 Likes

Definitely Topre. Up until last year I had used the same HHKB Professional 2 for nearly 12 or 13 years before starting to tinker with custom, MX-based keyboards a year ago.

Planning to put the components of that very HHKB into my Heavy Grail in a few months!

1 Like

Thank you so much for relieving my guilt over owning about 10!

1 Like

That… that’s just breathtaking.

1 Like

Topre baby! I love me some topre

2 Likes

RF87U with uniform 55g topre. Family daily driver soon to be retired as there appears to be corrosion issues preventing 4 of the keys from actuating.

Based on number of personal keystrokes, that would likely be the MX Blacks in my FC660M as that has been my work board.

1 Like