What Switches Are We Typing On Today?

Currently I’m just typing on my gk61 with lubed optical reds waiting for my future build to come. What switches are you guys typing on and what lube/mods did you do to them?

4 Likes

Today I’m typing on Cookies n’ Cream frankenswitches; that is, Box Creams with Silent Box Brown stems with the light stock lube present on the parts. Currently mounted in a KBD67L and topped with MT3 WoB.

I liked them a bit more with the lighter GMK caps I had on them last week vs the MT3, but still one of my favorites as-is.

2 Likes

I’ve got the C3 Kiwis on my work keyboard, and my favorites, the Boba U4s on my Home Keyboard.

5 Likes

Boba U4Ts leggo!
I tried using Polia stems in Boba housings for a while but wasn’t liking that much tactility tho the sound was very nice.

4 Likes

Desktop - RF87u with 55g uniform topre
Laptop - Tokyo60 with overlubed creams.

2 Likes

Cherry retooled blacks.

2 Likes

Cobalt POM Linears. Slow springs are fun!

2 Likes

Giving linears a real go for the first time since 2013 via ink V2s and retooled cherry blacks, two different boards.

2 Likes

45g Topre

2 Likes

Lubed and filmed cherry mx blues :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

right now: At work gateron browns. To make sure my co workers hear that iam working. ALOT

3 Likes

I put Bobagums in my board yesterday in place of Gat Yellows. My first silent switches, I like the feel, stability, and the shallow activation point. Plus no more crunchy springs.

2 Likes

Alpacas v1, filmed & lubed.
It’s weird but I enjoy them more with qmx clips which give them shorter travel + sound reduction.
Maybe i should consider silent alpacas :thinking:

2 Likes

Do they end up feeling like tactiles?

DL 62g, H1 bottoms with Alpaca v2 tops and stems. Punchy bottom out with a solid upstroke clack.

2 Likes

Everglide aqua kings (stock)
Lubed KS-8 Gateron Yellows

I switch between the two occasionally, i don’t really like stock gat yellows but they’re awesome lubed

4 Likes

Lubed and filmed Pewters. I really dig them!

3 Likes

Stock red inks, they’re fine

3 Likes

They feel about the same as I remember, the sound is just muted! :slight_smile: V4N4G0N with lubed MX Blue switches typing test - YouTube

2 Likes

Those sound surprisingly really nice. A bit of smoothness with a little snap at the end. I can dig it.

2 Likes