What Switches Are We Typing On Today?

TTC bluish whites, but was typing on zilents up until a little bit ago.

2 Likes

Right now I have my Sirius & Devastating TKL on my desk. The Sirius has 62g Tangies lubed with 205g0 (105 on springs) & is filmed with Deskey films. The Devastating has Lavenders spring swapped to 55g progressive springs, lubed with Carbon GS2 (105 on springs), & filmed with Deskey films. Both are very nice & smooth linears, hard to compare the two in these boards though. The Sirius is running top mounted a POM half plate with a weird flex PCB so it’s a very soft bouncy typing experience. Then the Devastating is running a burger (top) mounted full FR-4 plate which is a much stiffer typing experience in comparison.

2 Likes

Some lubed and filmed Sakurios spring-swapped with Gat Yellow springs.

3 Likes

45g Factory Silenced Topre lubed with 205g0

2 Likes

Art BOX Browns on a KPRepublic XD87.

[Honestly, I think the BOX Browns from Novelkeys are the best, as they seem to be smoother, coming with more factory lube. The ART Box and BOX Browns direct from Kailh seem to run relatively dry.]

2 Likes

Lightly lubed Kailh browns. I have them in a hotswap board because I like them a lot but I’m always hesitant to solder them in. I figure if I ever tried to sell a board with those switches in it everyone would scoff. They’re really fun switches. Similar to halo clears. Quite heavy for a brown switch.

3 Likes

Greetech browns in a Keycult No2 with a POM plate, and plate foam. My God are they amazing.

4 Likes

Tecsee Carrot switches. So far they seem pretty decent, a bit scratchy and need lube but still nice to type on.

2 Likes

Boba U4’s, I’ve been typing on these lubed and filmed 55g boba U4s for almost 6 months now, in various boards, and I don’t think I could be persuaded to use any other switch, between the sound and the feel of them, they come the closest to topre I’ve ever felt in an MX board, while allowing me to use my preferred form factor of 40%. simply a pleasure to type on.

sound test

8 Likes

Right now, Lubed and filmed TKC Banana Splits (Machos) in an NK65 with TKC Cafe Keycaps.

I have Heavy Tangies in the closet that I think I’m going to swap in soon. Should I lube AND film them?

I also have my KBD67 with my Silk Blacks that I miss oh so much in there as well! Choices!

3 Likes

I’m using Gateron Ink Yellow that I lubed with 204g00, filmed with switch foam and spring swapped to 58g two-stage springs with 105 on.

I usually put foam everywhere in the case but this time I use none and it makes this “loud” but clean clacking I’m not used to. But together with a well tuned stab it feels and sounds great. :smiley::+1:

3 Likes

I tried the Silk Yellows for the first time. They’re very good out of the box. I don’t lube my switches so my comp is all stock switches. I still prefer the Creams for acoustic when it comes to linears. That said, the leaves on these JWK switches are on the thin side. I bent a few putting them on a hot swap (I’ve bent maybe two total in the past few years using hot swaps).

1 Like

Aliaz 60g in Cherry black housings, lubed with Krytox 205g0. Compared to my Boba U4 62g:

• Surprisingly much quieter than Boba U4s
  • Way less tactile than Boba U4, they feel almost linear
  • Very little vertical and horizontal wobble, comparable tolerances to Boba U4
  • They feel better with lower-profile keycaps like Cherry and XDA, compared to SA
3 Likes

Thic Thoc Marshamallows for me today! - YouTube

4 Likes

Tecsee Blue Velvet tactiles on my NK65EE w/ ABS MT3 caps.

They do have a pretty characteristic clack that I like; plenty smooth for me from the factory but the pingy springs could use an oil bath.

3 Likes

Today I’m trying Amber T1s in the NK65EE; same board and caps as before.

These might have the stay in this keeb for a while… they are very, very difficult to remove - the only way I know of to do it without damaging the switches is to completely disassemble the keyboard around them and carefully push them out from below the plate. This isn’t the fault of these in particular, so much as the fitment between the NK65EE plate and JWK switches in general.

The Tecsees were easy enough to remove, but these T1s and the Kiwis I tried before them are really in there.

Anyway - about the switches themselves - these are really nice. Unsurprisingly they feel very similar to the Kiwis, though I think these have a better stock lube job, and the top housings seem to fit a little better, too. Where the Koalas (another T1-like) really disappointed me with their un-modded performance, these are quite good right from the bag. :+1: I think these really are my favorite iteration of the T1.

A small number have a little bit of spring noise, but much less noticeable than that of the Tecsees (or the various Box Crystals I decided not to put in here).

4 Likes

Man I was about to give up on removing my amber T1s from my m65-B. Hands were cramping, switch tops breaking a few times. Someone needs to get on JWK about their dimensions.

3 Likes

Typing on Everglide dark jades lubed with Krytox 203g0 and swing swapped to sprit 62g lubed with Krytox 105. IIRC i also filmed with kebo film but not 100% sure. (Hard to keep track after all the lubing jobs over the years) Board is a GMMK Pro with PC plate and stock goat stabs lubed properly with superlube. Sounds great, no need to replace the stabs. Caps are GMK Carbon. This combination is amazing, rivaling that of boards costing twice as much.

2 Likes

Ooh Interesting! Could you link a sound test to the Cherry Aliaz? I wanted to try the same thing out cause it seems very interesting

I don’t have a silent environment to work with, and just used my phone’s mic. So it might not be that good of a sound test for Cherry Aliaz

2 Likes