Where did you go to get your keyboard refinished?

The goal of this thread is to act as a directory of trusted shops that somebody looking to refinish a board can reference.

How can you help? Simply add a shop that you used to have your keyboard refinished whether that was cerakoting, powder coating, or re-anodizing a board.

Please refrain from bad mouthing any shops in this thread because I want this to remain a thread dedicated to identifying vendors who did good work for you rather than devolving into a venting session.

I think a good way to organize this information would be to submit in a format similar to below:

• Work Done: Cerakoted

• Cost of the job: THIS PART IS TOTALLY OPTIONAL. PLEASE DON’T FEEL OBLIGATED TO POST THIS PART IF YOU’RE NOT COMFORTABLE SHARING.

• Shop Used: Generic shop name here.

• Area that this shop is near: United States - Raleigh, NC

• Images of the work: This is where you get to show off the pretty pictures.

Additionally, I think it would be great if people could put a request for information out there as well. Again, I’ll add a suggested format to make this thread easier to skim. I’ll show this format with a real example because I am currently looking for a shop to do modify a White Fox for me.

• What I’m looking for: White Cerakote for a White Fox plate and body

• Area where I’m looking to have the work done: United States - Cary, NC / Triangle Area, NC

8 Likes

Work Done: Powder Coating
Cost: Shop minimum
Shop Used: Performance Powder Coating and Sandblasting http://www.ppcsb.com/
Area: North of Sacramento, CA

These guys did a decent job for their first time working with a keyboard, few minor things they could improve on, but great to work with.

4 Likes

That looks awesome, and thank you for being the first to share!

I know this is kind of a dead thread but figured I’d add a shop since I just got a board back

• Work Done: Cerakoted
  • Cost of the job: VERY reasonable.
  • Shop Used: Sagisi Customs
  • Area that this shop is near: United States - Milpitas, CA
  • Images of the work: I don’t have a great setup for taking pics but here’s a high-res potato photo Will try to upload more if I remember and get get good lighting.

You can look at his Instagram too.

Decided to get my Neuron done. Can’t remember where I found his name but decided to give him a shot since he was willing to do the job for a very reasonable price for 2 pieces(in a single color). Just got it back and I have to say I am very pleased! Reasonable selection of colors as well, anything he doesn’t have he can order; you’ll get charged for the non-standard color but it’s basically at-cost as far as I can tell, he won’t tack on extra.

Guns are his main deal but he’s able to handle approximately 5 keyboards a month. You’ll have to check but I believe you can ship stuff to him as well if you’re not in the neighborhood. Good dude overall. Tell him Joseph C. sent ya!

3 Likes

I need to look for some more cerakote places near me. I went through a few visits with a local guy who does a lot of guns… yeah… total racist asshole too. So he didn’t get my business. Long story short, I was in the shop while guns were drawn in a very heated, racist argument. FUN!

2 Likes

I can imagine. “Guys, I just want my keyboard refinished!”

1 Like

Good on you man, that sounds like a tight situation though glad you got out there without having to fight! People kill me with that racist BS. Funny thing about it is the people who usually push that agenda could easily be called the same derogatory names they use… SMH…

biggest reason I haven’t tried to get something cerakoted yet

1 Like