Where's my KAT?

I was wondering why there aren’t many KAT profile keycaps out n about. I understand that the design usually comes from an individual, but is it because they aren’t as popular, or are they expensive or uncomfortable to type on? Only asking because I am absolutely in love with the shape of the keys and how they aren’t ridiculously tall like SA’s

I would say that the pandemic is to blame.

2 Likes

KAT is a lot newer than most of the other profiles, there haven’t been that many sets yet.

4 Likes

This profile is very recent as said @dwarflemur, but more and more keysets are being designed with it as it gained good populatity.

2 Likes

so the answer is, “just make one :triumph:

1 Like

It’s mostly because it’s one company making them (Keyreative) and the pandemic. I’m typing on KAT milkshake right now because the set was pretty much out of production when the pandemic hit. And compared to ANY set that is double shot ABS they are significantly cheaper (and in my opinion sound better) since they don’t require 2 molds per key.

3 Likes

There are many KAT sets that ran last year, and this year with more to come, but only a handful of sets have actually been made at this point. By the beginning of next year, it will be a standard profile in the community I’m sure. Personally, I’m waiting on KAT Eternal which ran last November to be delivered, hopefully within the next month. I was hoping to use the set to gauge my feelings on future GB’s of KAT, but unfortunately I’ll have to pull the trigger on KAT Cyberspace and Mizu without this feedback since they are too good to pass up.

2 Likes

I’m also waiting for the day that KAT keycaps become more of the norm. Super hungry for those off-white keysets.

3 Likes

Such a fun profile. Good to see a clean BoW set is making it’s way as an in-stock item these days. Waiting patiently for the 146-key restock.

1 Like

It’s in stock at zfrontier, if you really want the set now:

Also, a good update on KAT and Keyreative:

9 Likes

Dude! Thanks for sharing. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

The update is actually a pretty cool bit of information

4 Likes

yeah wow! for anyone yet to get a closer look at the way dyesubbing works, there are some amazing images in there, and their explanation as to the delays seems valid to me. Glad to see they’re passionate about their craft.

1 Like

That’s so cool.

PS. I think you can buy KAT BOW from the iQunix shop too.

2 Likes