Which Group Buy do you regret missing out on?

All of mine were more before I got into the hobby- most notably Hack’d by Geeks.

What caps is that on your avatar?

I think it’s these:

3 Likes

Gmk Dracula
I will forever regret not buying :cry:
I use Dracula theme in neovim and I’ve never gotten tired of it.

1 Like

The keysets I regretted missing the most were GMK Coniferous and Terminal. Managed to find both of those on the aftermarket, thankfully.

In terms of keyboards, I’m currently regretting not buying a Palmetto when I saw they opened more spots for the green anodization. The warning about possible color streaking scared me off, but now I can’t believe I let myself miss the opportunity to buy a locally made keyboard in my favorite color.

Just as mwb said - it’s the green train pbt set I got off mechmarket a couple of year ago.

2 Likes

It is coming back for sure. You won’t have to wait long. My hunch is that as soon as R1 starts shipping, they will run R2. :smiley:

1 Like

beyond that I believe that Dixie bought a ton of extras for Dracula R1. Maybe extras will last a few minutes

1 Like

4 Likes

Yeah I think if they nail the colors (which they are working hard on), Dracula is a killer set. Lots of people are into Oblivion, but I think Dracula is flasher. I will appeal to all the code monkeys that are in this hobby, and those that are not.

I can see it being the first set for a lot of people. I will probably grab one eventually. The wait on GMK is what kills me more than anything these days.

2 Likes

Yes!

GMK Black Lotus :frowning:

1 Like

GMK Phantom

1 Like

I was in on that keyset, but bailed when it was delayed and Drop allowed refunds. Yet another mistake in my keeb journey, it is probably pretty sweet.

1 Like

We are in the same boat my friend.

I’ve been in the hobby for about five years, so there are a lot of group buys I wanted to join but didn’t. Most of the keycaps came back around in some form or another.

I missed DSA Granite Elven Tongue, but got in on dev/tty Elven. I missed 7bit Round 6 and SA Symbolics but there are plenty of Space Cadet GBs. Missed SA Dasher, got MT3 Dasher. Missed GMK Dots but got in on R2.

Slightly more embarrassing is the time that I impulse-bought, then shamefacedly canceled a Minivan, GMK Space Cadet, and a Heavy-6 in the same week. Evan, Garrett, and @norbauer were all very nice about it. I took a year or so off from buying keyboard stuff after that. Now I’m waiting on a Grid650 (any day now) and two sets of keycaps that won’t ship til 2022.

6 Likes

It definitely would have been the Ave but we all know how that turned out.

1 Like

A good looking piece of s…?

Anybody who has Disco Spock as their avatar gets total amnesty from me.

8 Likes

That Analog Dreams R2 Digital Nightmares set is really lookin’ like a treat.