Which Lube for Switch Lube: An updated guide on the what, how, and where of switch lubricants

weird, the link works for me. It’s not even that, it’s just a big tray. Maybe an organizer one would be better… :thinking:

I use them to store my crayons

2 Likes

Might be a weird US/Canada redirect issue. Anyways, if this link works, this is what I use: https://www.michaels.com/deep-utility-organizer-by-recollections/10324327.html

Allows you to define your own bins to different sizes by adding and removing dividers.

1 Like

bruh ngl I still got a bunch of crayons, sometimes you just gotta bust them out for a drawing. If someone asks for an explanation like they’re five of something you bet they’re getting a crayon drawing (no matter how complicated it actually is) lol

1 Like

Ah yeah, I might even have one of those somewhere, it would definitely be nice to relieve some anxiety about what would happen if I knocked it off the shelf

Personally I would just go for empty ice cream tubs or biscuit boxes if I found no actual boxes to put the parts in… Easier to store too.

If you’re trying to be economical most plastic takeout/leftover containers work great and you can label what stems, springs, or housings are in each. Just make sure there isn’t any oily residue left as chicken wing grease is a suboptimal lubricant.

Plus, if you’re anything like me, since you are repurposing the containers, you will not feel AS ashamed when out of laziness you start using said containers to tub lube your stems and springs.

2 Likes

I use yogurt cartons for storage for a lot of stuff, those would work well too

I feel this one for real lol

2 Likes

I’m the target group for this :slight_smile:

Based in Germany, I couldn’t get Krytox nor Tribosys easily and used SuperLube after being encouraged by this reddit post. I’ve used a mix of about 3:1 grease to oil, and it seems to work fine (on Kailh Speed Silvers, Gateron Yellow, Black, Red. Though the lube seems to stick a bit less well on the Silver stem).

In the meantime, I’ve found @KEYGEM who also sell Krytox. I’ve been debating to get it for my next build, but lacking any real comparison I’m reluctant to spend 4x the price (at least 280 Euro / 100g) when I already have working lube (~70 Euro/100g). I mean even if it’s “better,” is it 4 times better?

Just added them to the vendor list as well, thanks!

Has anyone lubed PE stems? What should I use? I plan on putting them in cream housings lubed with RO59 but I’m not sure what to put on the stems.

1 Like