Wood Cases

One would think the best one would be the same used for music instruments. :thinking:

2 Likes

How about maybe reclaiming some wood from old musical instruments?

It would probably require a larger instrument, in order to be able salvage some planks of larger, usable sizes.

I’m just saying, that would be quite the endgame… even dock worthy.

nice. Although I’m fairly certain all string instruments are quite thin. Don’t think you could make a case from one.

Interesting, this must be one of the main reasons this vendor features resin in their builds - https://fnctl.co/

There are supposed to be having a partnership come up with CannonKeys for wooden Bakenekos.

I own two of his cases :grinning:

1 Like

That would make sense. Especially with live edge material you have more options for using it. Though there is a chance they only do resin pours to fill in the gaps. I don’t see anything specific to if they do something to allow the resin to impregnate the rest of the wood or not.

What type of wood are Instruments made from? I probably have it lol.

Well, it depends on what instrument. A Marimba uses Rosewood or African padauk while a Didgeridoo is made from Eucalyptus.

This is probably gonna become a thread where I go through the stages of my project.

Today I tested the ideal center hole sizing for the wooden case, and test mounted the keyboard in some multiplex.

6 Likes

Walnut looks and sounds great, I have a walnut case that gets misused as a prototype dummy board :sweat_smile:

Maple should be really good, too

1 Like