WTB TTC Wild Switches (Bought!) (42g)

Got some extras from Novelkeys. No longer needed :slight_smile:

Recently got my TTC Wild switches from the NK group buy. Love these switches but they are the green tops and I need the beige ones for a particular build.

Anyone have some? Need 70.

2 Likes

bump

I emailed NK customer service and they confirmed that they will be selling extras soon. I also just got and tested some 63.5g CannonKeys longbois in my 55g Wilds, and they feel pretty perfect to me – they retain the quick rebound and linear feel in the keypress like the og springs, but are much lighter (closer in feel to a regular 65g short TX spring at the top of the press). I also tested 62g long TX springs which felt good, but heavier up top and not as snappy.

1 Like

I’ll have to try to snag the extras when they pop up. Another big plus for these switches is how well they play with SA and other tall caps. Very smooth on offset presses! Just need those cream color housings for my cement CA66

I’ve only tried them with Cherry profile so far, but I’ll have to check them out with KAT or MT3. I planned on spring swapping and selectively lubing them in the future (mostly for sound), but while using them stock in the meantime, I can’t believe how good of a switch they are. I’m still rocking the Bluish Whites with the dampener removed, and they are just as enjoyable (albeit clackmosters as well).

I got some of these two-stage springs from kinetic lab. They call it symmetric long springs but last night, I found out that they aren’t perfectly symmetric :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I went to buy those first, but the weight I wanted was out of stock unfortunately.

How are these switches compared to Momoka frogs? Just realize they seem to be using the same materials.

Frogs have a softer/thuddier bottom out. These are fairly clacky. Both equally smooth but wild switches have less wobble.

2 Likes

@pixelpusher Novelkeys is back up and TTC Wild extras are in stock.

2 Likes

Just ordered some of these. Don’t know if I will like clacky bottom out, but 42g dual-springs bottom out at 52g is perfect for me.

1 Like

Thanks! Ordered

1 Like

Nice! Can’t wait to see the build pic for those tan tops.

It’s like they were made to clack, lol, so it doesn’t rub me the wrong way like some early JWK switches can for instance. Lubing will help, but moreso on top out than bottom out. Embrace the clack!

2 Likes

@pixelpusher
All nylon housing. Linear and tactile (Bluish White?) variants. I’m tempted to snag the linears in the hopes of improved sound.

2 Likes

awesome. I bought one of each :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice. I’m thinking of doing the same. I’ve really come to love the Wilds – the combination of smoothness and an almost bizarrely exaggerated sense of stability have won me over. Same goes for the Bluish Whites (dampener removed) which are my favorite tactile at the moment as the bump/spring combo gives such a rounded and enjoyable tactility that gives me a momentum of sorts while typing (unlike a lot of other tactiles that make me stutter and slow down). Having both of these with what I’m assuming will be a deeper sound, sounds like a good proposition.

3 Likes