YOK Mint Pandas available on Novelkeys

Thanks for the data points @donpark and @cijanzen!

2 Likes

How long did it take for them to come in? My friendā€™s been waiting for nearly six weeks and hasnā€™t seen any shipping updates, so Iā€™m a bit wary.

Hmm not sure. It took about a week for them to go out before I got a tracking number and then however long after that. Certainly not six weeks thoughā€¦

1 Like

I ordered on April 7th, it got shipping labelled on April 8th, and arrived today, on April 18th. So 10 days more or less from South Korea to California.

2 Likes

My Halos finally arrived today, so of course I immediately threw the stem into one of my mint pandas. I gotta say, after waiting over a year to try Holy Pandas, Iā€™m pretty underwhelmed, especially after using v2 Zealios for the last few months.

I still need to lube and assemble the rest and throw them in a board for a proper test drive, so Iā€™ll reserve final judgment until then.

Thatā€™s not too bad at all. I managed to get 200 78g Catweewee springs that I love, but when those run out Iā€™ll go to Sprit to get the rest of mine.

Comparing Halos and Zealio V2s is like comparing boxers in different weight classes - their shape completely changes the game.

1 Like

so after a year, how are the yok mint holy pandas holding up? I just ordered some to make some holy pandas and was wondering about the springs you used and lube you used.

I actually desoldered the board that had the red holy pandas and hardly touch the one with mint holy pandas. Theyā€™re just not for me I think. Maybe Iā€™ll give them another try but Iā€™m not a fan of the bottom out when compared to a Zilent.

With that said, I did use 63.5g springs for the red ones and they have a nice tactile feel. If I recall correctly I think I used 3203 which is a pretty safe bet for lubing tactile switches.
Hope you enjoy yours! Theyā€™re definitely a unique switch.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the same boat here. Put them on my Lubrigante and while its a nice feel, I still prefer the Zilents overall. Compared to the regular pandas, their pretty indistinguishable. I had mines setup with 63.5 springs.

I use these on my JJ50 at work and I love them more than when I started. I still prefer to use linears for home since I game quite a bit, but for a typing-intensive job I think they hold up.

I like Yok Linears more than I expected after lubing them up and using them quite a bit :thinking:

2 Likes

Where are yaā€™ll getting your YOK Pandas from? I checked NovelKeys as Iā€™ve recently acquired some Halo Clears, but their website says they wonā€™t be restocking reds and mints :frowning_face:

The most recent ones that Novelkeys stocked were the trash (black colored) pandas. No word from them yet on the restock. Theyā€™ve been surprisingly quiet on that front. Weā€™re all hoping that they have plans to restock after shipments from china resume.

1 Like

This is something I was testing a bit as Iā€™m planning on rebuilding my E6.5 with some linears at some point soon & found them surprisingly alright also. Although I want to make sure I go with something I am really happy with since I canā€™t open the switch tops on that plate. Right now Iā€™m leaning towards Gateron black bottom housings & stems, Cherry tops, a spring weighted between 60g & 65G, filmed, & lubed with GPL 107. Since I have really fell in love with the Chellows I have in my Klippe build, but I donā€™t want to rule out anything else yet since Iā€™m just now starting to really appreciate linears.

Are you rocking straight up stock YOK linears just lubed or did swap stems, springs, or doing anything else to them?

1 Like

Lubed and spring swapped. Either 62g or 63.5g springs. Not sure what lube I used to be honest. When it doubt, it was the Huey Classic.

1 Like

Just butting-in here - Iā€™ve been using some switches made of lubed Outemu silent linear stems and YOK housings. Not the most stable, but extremely quiet and decently smooth. Since the Outemu stems use silicone or something like it for the dampening material, the bottom-out feels like rubber domes if less mushy, and of course the action is linear. The YOK housings seem the slightest bit fatter in terms of tolerances; the top and bottoms fit snugly together and have a nice tight fit in a mounting plate. They arenā€™t my favorite housing, but theyā€™re good enough that Iā€™d be happy using them in a build even if I chose them purely for color.

1 Like

Thank you kindly for the response! Iā€™ll just keep looking out for the email from NovelKeys stating they restocked the Trash Pandas :smiley: